Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who with a score of 100 and more than 100 miles is still waiting for FSD roll out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps, just perhaps, us former AP 2.0’ers will get a different software drop like the Plaid’ers. Then again, we’re the dinosaurs…

I sure hope you’re right. It’s very hard for me to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt on anything by now but you make a good point. Maybe 10.3 will be a new version compatible with more cars and hardware.

If I have a 99+ by next Friday and still don’t get the beta after almost a month of driving like my nana I’m gonna be pretty livid though. By then we will be the only cars left out of the beta regardless of score.

Reactions: MikeScarne
I sure hope you’re right. It’s very hard for me to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt on anything by now but you make a good point. Maybe 10.3 will be a new version compatible with more cars and hardware.

If I have a 99+ by next Friday and still don’t get the beta after almost a month of driving like my nana I’m gonna be pretty livid though. By then we will be the only cars left out of the beta regardless of score.
It's so much harder to really track what's going on here. It is obvious when you see a yoker driving around with the beta, hw 2 looks identical to almost all other model s or x when watching videos, so if someone has it in early access they may not even realize they are special and worth talking about.

^^^^^
Post of the year. Well said.
I agree. It forces us to keep on AP and causes more dangerous driving.
How you are not supposed to follow close when there are piled up cars in the highway at the rush hour and you need to change lanes?
Close following should be dinged in case you are driving fast only.

It's good to see movement today people dling with 100s again.
I have 96 and to make it 99 by next Friday should I make many short trips with 100s?

It's so much harder to really track what's going on here. It is obvious when you see a yoker driving around with the beta, hw 2 looks identical to almost all other model s or x when watching videos, so if someone has it in early access they may not even realize they are special and worth talking about.

It’s pretty simple once you talk to all the owners of AP2 cars who met or exceeded the requirements when it first got pushed. I don’t think there is a build yet for AP2 in any public or EAP-public testers hands. Maybe Tesla internal.

The only EAP S and X I have seen were AI DRIVR and Tesla Owners Silicon Valley who both have AP2.5.

Reactions: MikeScarne
It’s pretty simple once you talk to all the owners of AP2 cars who met or exceeded the requirements when it first got pushed. I don’t think there is a build yet for AP2 in any public or EAP-public testers hands. Maybe Tesla internal.

The only EAP S and X I have seen were AI DRIVR and Tesla Owners Silicon Valley who both have AP2.5.
I did get a chuckle out of "Beta Blue-balled"

Reactions: jebinc and Lowchrg
How you are not supposed to follow close when there are piled up cars in the highway at the rush hour and you need to change lanes?

I have 96 and to make it 99 by next Friday should I make many short trips with 100s?
Not to risk defending tesla too much here, since I think their safety score is a bunch of crap, but close following is only dinged if you are going over 50 mph, so it kind of is.

From what I can gather, it's less about number of trips vs number of "100 score" miles. So, in theory, you would want to rack up many miles on a day you score 100. I'm not 100% sure if there's value added on those same days in trying to perform safely some of the maneuvers you have "dings" on. For example, let's say your overall Unsafe Following is 0.9%. It might be value added to get some safe (1 - 3 sec) follows under your belt to increase the denominator if that makes sense. Somebody can chime in if that's not accurate. I would definitely try not to stress out about it. It can be frustrating when something happens out of your control. Don't forget you can reset the MCU before you park to flush out a drive that had a ding. Good luck!

Reactions: asterothe
From what I can gather, it's less about number of trips vs number of "100 score" miles. So, in theory, you would want to rack up many miles on a day you score 100. I'm not 100% sure if there's value added on those same days in trying to perform safely some of the maneuvers you have "dings" on. For example, let's say your overall Unsafe Following is 0.9%. It might be value added to get some safe (1 - 3 sec) follows under your belt to increase the denominator if that makes sense. Somebody can chime in if that's not accurate. I would definitely try not to stress out about it. It can be frustrating when something happens out of your control. Don't forget you can reset the MCU before you park to flush out a drive that had a ding. Good luck!
Thank you! Resetting is such a good hack that I did not know!

Us AP2 owners are getting royally screwed for being the earliest supporters of FSD and all required upgrades.
I strongly suspect that, like MCU2, having the 2.5 cameras is a stealth defacto requirement that they will never offer to pay for. I don't know how you would even go about retrofitting yourself for the purposes of getting the FSD vision stack in the future. While you could physically change the cameras, there is not a clear path letting the cloud know that you have the proper config.

I strongly suspect that, like MCU2, having the 2.5 cameras is a stealth defacto requirement that they will never offer to pay for. I don't know how you would even go about retrofitting yourself for the purposes of getting the FSD vision stack in the future. While you could physically change the cameras, there is not a clear path letting the cloud know that you have the proper config.
Could be wrong, but I thought there was at least 1 DIY’er on this forum that was able to get a firmware update to recognize the updated cameras. Not 100% sure if that’s the equivalent of being reborn as a 2.5 vehicle in the eyes of Tesla.

This is my fear as well. However I figure that they wouldn’t push the beta button software to these cars then if it wasn’t a possibility as that’s setting themselves up for some bad PR with early adopters. We’ll see next Friday I guess.

This is my fear as well. However I figure that they wouldn’t push the beta button software to these cars then if it wasn’t a possibility as that’s setting themselves up for some bad PR with early adopters. We’ll see next Friday I guess.
I'd bet that your line of reasoning represents way more thought than was actually put into this rollout. There is no one outside of the sales channel whos job it is to think about how actions might affect the ownership and repeat business experience. That's the worst part, honestly. I could deal with a company knowingly acting in a capricious manner, that's totally understandable, but the fact is that they are simply ambivalent.

I'd bet that your line of reasoning represents way more thought than was actually put into this rollout. There is no one outside of the sales channel whos job it is to think about how actions might affect the ownership and repeat business experience. That's the worst part, honestly. I could deal with a company knowingly acting in a capricious manner, that's totally understandable, but the fact is that they are simply ambivalent.
Unfortunately I agree. I’m just in my own head over here trying to justify what’s going on but I should keep my expectations low.