Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are CPOs in such bad shape?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so glad many people here seem like they actually think! Stop buying this Tesla crap and force them to make changes to this preowned/used program. You, the buyer, have the power. Don’t whine, just wait long enough. A month or two of terrible “used” sales will certainly make them rethink this bullshit.

Reactions: Darren Donovan
I am so glad many people here seem like they actually think! Stop buying this Tesla crap and force them to make changes to this preowned/used program. You, the buyer, have the power. Don’t whine, just wait long enough. A month or two of terrible “used” sales will certainly make them rethink this bullshit.

There is only a small subset of people on this forum willing to speak blasphemy. We do love our cars, but the company cannot and will not survive once the non-devotees and non-fanbois get to experience Tesla Customer Service and Parts Department. You know, the average guy/gal who has $50K - $120K to spend on a car. This is not how you get and keep loyal customers. It really pains me to have to say it. I would not doubt that VW or other maker is already in talks to buy Tesla's assets.

There are so many horror stories about CPO cars that I wonder if a private sale is much better. When mileage is extremely low on a leased, pristine ms, does it make sense to buy out lease and sell the vehicle for a modest profit? I'm about 15 months away from that decision.

We test drove a Model three today
they offered us $30K trade in on our 2015 P85D ('loaded" - optional interior and audio system upgrades. Insane but not Ludicrous.)
This car has 70,000 miles, I was surprised that it has lost $95,000 in value already. Does no one want these?

• Informative
Reactions: StarLog