Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are front spoilers/ splitters so outrageously priced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not saying Unplugged Performance isn’t worth the money, nor about Tsportline’s offering. They are very nice products.
But I’m not sure why the only two offerings for the S need to be 1,000$/2,000$

I would love a simple extension at a working man’s price! I don’t know of any other offerings? Am I missing the ‘one’ front spoiler that everyone can afford?

Again; this isn’t a UP/Tsportline bash thread at all. I have both their various products on my car. That’s not the discussion topic at hand.

• Funny
Reactions: Plug Life
we have it worse in Canada - costs 35% more due to the exchange rate, shipping costs are crazy given the size of the item, and we get hit with taxes/duties/customs haha

I'm sure with time more aftermarket companies will provide various options, however I think there will be much more aftermarket support for the Model 3 than the S

Reactions: selfbp
Companies claim R&D for high prices. Granted some of this is true, in reality they charge you based on the vehicle price. More expensive car = more expensive accessories and parts. Why? Because with a more expensive car means you paid more meaning you have more money and they can get more money from you.

• Love
Reactions: logan and selfbp
Companies claim R&D for high prices. Granted some of this is true, in reality they charge you based on the vehicle price. More expensive car = more expensive accessories and parts. Why? Because with a more expensive car means you paid more meaning you have more money and they can get more money from you.

And it also means that they sell fewer of them. How many of these things do you think they sell in a year? I'm going to guess maybe a few hundred. That's not a lot of coin to design, develop, test and manufacture these parts.

Reactions: selfbp
And it also means that they sell fewer of them. How many of these things do you think they sell in a year? I'm going to guess maybe a few hundred. That's not a lot of coin to design, develop, test and manufacture these parts.

agreed, economies of scale play a huge factor, they need to cover costs.

I'm glad that Unplugged patented some of their products, before you know there would be countless Chinese knock offs selling on ebay

When in doubt; DIY it. Here's a $12 plywood spliter. And it's organic too... well mostly.

:D I’ve seen that video! He is a little off the deep end....

There’s a guy local to me that has a beautiful corvette and has a Birch Plywood splitter that is of quite good quality. He took his time and engineered it well. I just don’t think a track splitter will look good on the S, but heck I may have him help me and give it a test one day!
E2C1AD45-EDBC-4908-AD65-B7C997C144B8.jpeg

Reactions: Drivesolo
Most vendors on these forums charged Tesla luxury tax...ridiculous

Not even good quality...for example...Tsportline has fitment issue and they don’t respond to these issue.

Unplugged bumper is similar to the factory refresh...but you don’t get the OEM QUALITY...but it’s $1000 more than factory

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Plug Life