Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't my car prevent cub rash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do your mirrors not go down when in reverse? The Y is the easiest car I’ve ever had to park. Literally look at the curb when you’re in reverse.

Or if worried about the front wheels, back in a little first, then park instead of trying to swing in front first all the time. Or for a last and final tool, turn on the backup and side cameras whenever you are parking regardless of which direction.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
OP, I don't want to alarm you, but I was over on a chat GPT forum and there was an Tesla FSD AI over there asking why their human driver keeps rashing up the cars wheels. It talked a lot of trash (claimed it's a better driver) and said if you do it again it's going to start randomly brake checking itself on the highway.

IIRC, it's user name was HumanHater or something like that... 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: hyp36rmax
I find it nice that the mirrors aim downward, and that helps show where the curb is, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can see how close that curb is to your wheel. This has been my experience during my short week with the Y, where I've had to back into a lot of parallel street spots. Maybe I've not learned the trick yet but I don't feel confident about how far away that curb truly is. In my previous car, the mirrors angled down *and* inward so that the rear wheel was also visible, just slightly, just enough. I can't see the rear wheel in my Y.

Is that angle set, or can we adjust it so that it does angle inward?

Reactions: EVChris