Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do our cars have oil pumps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes and they do fail as mine did at about 2000 miles.. You will get a warning car is ok to drive and to schedule service. But it will limit your speed to a mere 50 to 55 mph. It where i live, the car was undriveable as speed limits are 65 i was a road block. Tesla towed to service center to fix it. View attachment 513852
I got that same message 10 days ago. 2100 miles on mine and I’m 250 miles from the service center. No appointments until April 1... So I can’t go more than 55 on the interstate on the way down there? Service center guy said they had a bunch of oil pumps that were not filled correctly at the factory. Need to check and refill, and if damaged, replace the oil pump. How do I get them to flatbed it down there? I will definitely be a roadblock if I can’t go 75.

Yes and they do fail as mine did at about 2000 miles.. You will get a warning car is ok to drive and to schedule service. But it will limit your speed to a mere 50 to 55 mph. It where i live, the car was undriveable as speed limits are 65 i was a road block. Tesla towed to service center to fix it. View attachment 513852
did you ever end up having this issue again? this is the second time that mine has failed..

did you ever end up having this issue again? this is the second time that mine has failed..
Hey Andy. Did you ever have any indications of a problem other than a message? Like noises or vibrations? I get a high pitched screeching sound when the car/battery is pretty cold and it goes into the waste heat mode to warm the battery, such as when starting to charge or cabin pre-heat. But no messages. Just figured this out after a long time. Sounds like a lot of strain going on and I hope the pump doesn’t blow up and take other stuff with it. I had the noise looked at two years ago, but it was mis-diagnosed as a charging problem and could not duplicate as they waited until the car was warm. Failure to communicate. Anyone else out there with an oil pump problem that was fixed care to share any info?