Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why hasn't WeatherTech made FloorLiners for Model 3??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting for these and it's driving me nuts. Yes, I have seen all of the other alternatives and I don't want those. There were scattered rumors that the FloorLiners were coming out but so far nothing.

Your not alone. Many were waiting for either Tesla by Weathertech or Weathertech branded Floorliners. I’ve used them for years in many vehicles. I have the Tesla branded Weathertech frunk and trunk liners in my 3.

For some reason (I assume price point retail cost) when Tesla contracted Weathertech to produce mats for the 3 they specified the now available rubber mats and NOT Floorliners as they did for the S and X. Many were waiting as it was generally assumed that Tesla would release Tesla branded Weathertech Floorliners for the 3 as well.

My take is that due to their contract with Tesla for the Model 3 mats Weathertech is now restricted for a period of time from releasing Weathertech branded Floorliners for the 3.

I realize your not interested but personally I hesitantly bought Maxpider 3D’s. Now I’m really glad I did. Great mats. The fit is better/tighter than Weathertech Floorliners, they do the job and IMO they look way better. The Weathertech’s are unquestionably ‘industrial grade’ but they tend to look it as well especially after a few years.

I emailed them this morning and actually got a prompt reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email and your interest in WeatherTech products.

Our Production team is working hard to develop the proper liners for the Tesla Model 3 and are currently in development. I do not have a time frame on their completion for your Tesla Model 3 but can offer you a link that will let you know when your product is ready

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Feel free to contact us with any further questions or comments, and thank you for your interest in our products!

Weather tech's product is inferior to 3D and costs more. Read the home page at joecarstuff.com and it lists out the reasons why. We have the best prices on 3D with the forum discount. Use coupon code TMC at checkout to get a full set for $189 shipped. We are currently on back order, along with all the other sellers, but orders will ship in two weeks on a first come first serve basis.

Reactions: GHammer