Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I invested in Tesla... please give feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it a lot. It's an unusually good "summary" article of where we are and have been recently. One bragging point most people miss: it might well be the safest car on the road.

But, as an investment thesis you need to tackle the gen III/battery cost issue. The company's valuation isn't based on the excellent model S, or the latent value of the SC standard/network (which could be huge) but on the ability to bring to market a $40k car in 2016. If you are a bear, you think it isn't possible and tesla is going to remain a small maker of expensive quality cars, deserving of a smaller valuation. If you are a bull, you think this price point is in the bag and tesla's excellent product quality will sell itself to millions worldwide and will leave the big 5 scrambling to catch up.

Excellent.

Agree with AustinEV that battery tech should be discussed further as it's often misunderstood by investors.

Also, I find its helpful to point out past examples to help benchmark what we're seeing. Under my same TMC handle (Soflason), I tried to battle it out with some naysayers with multiple posts in the comments section (as I often do to vigorously support investing in TSLA) - some of these parallels may help make the TSLA investment resonate more with conservative investors:
Tesla's 2013 Model S Is a Game-Changer (TSLA)

Last edited: