Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is insurance so high?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sharing for anyone who may be curious. I am 28, live in Texas, have no accidents or claims. Mostly used State Farm but recently switched to Tesla Insurance last week.

Tesla - $104/m (94 Safety Score from the past week of normal driving)
State Farm - $171/m
GEICO - $192/m
USAA - $203/m
Progressive - $267/m
Allstate - $266/m

Any others unlisted that I got quotes from were $300-500/m. Quotes are for 30K/60K injury and $2000-2500 deductible.

Funny thing is even if I up the injury limits from 30K/60K to $1 Million on Tesla Insurance it's still cheaper than most at $172~ and exactly the same as 30K/60K at State Farm.

As of writing this my Safety Score went up one point to 95 and the new premium for one point higher is $99/m instead of $104/m from the list above. I do a lot of interstate and highway driving between states so I expect my safety score to be higher as well once I go out of state again since it's just straight road mostly.

Just sharing for anyone who may be curious. I am 28, live in Texas, have no accidents or claims. Mostly used State Farm but recently switched to Tesla Insurance last week.

Tesla - $104/m (94 Safety Score from the past week of normal driving)
State Farm - $171/m
GEICO - $192/m
USAA - $203/m
Progressive - $267/m
Allstate - $266/m

Any others unlisted that I got quotes from were $300-500/m. Quotes are for 30K/60K injury and $2000-2500 deductible.

Funny thing is even if I up the injury limits from 30K/60K to $1 Million on Tesla Insurance it's still cheaper than most at $172~ and exactly the same as 30K/60K at State Farm.

As of writing this my Safety Score went up one point to 95 and the new premium for one point higher is $99/m instead of $104/m from the list above. I do a lot of interstate and highway driving between states so I expect my safety score to be higher as well once I go out of state again since it's just straight road mostly.
Man, I'm loving my State Farm more and more at ~$70/mo for my Performance Y with 250k/500k coverage and $500 deductibles! Some of the prices everyone pays are insane... I'm not much older than you guys... only 36.