TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why is the Model X Reservation Agreement from FLORIDA?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrTaras, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Curious, since I've reserved from Tesla once or twice or thrice before :wink: , but do not remember ever having it be an agreement with Tesla FLORIDA.
    What legal or economic reasons do you suppose for this?
    https://www.teslamotors.com/own/basic
    Model X Reservation Agreement
    This Model X Reservation Agreement between the person or entity identified below as you and Tesla Motors, Inc. d/b/a Tesla Florida, a motor vehicle dealer located at 1949 Tigertail Boulevard, Dania Beach, Florida, U.S.A., 33004-3500 identified below as we or us, is for your reservation of a Model X vehicle with us. The fact you enter into this Agreement with us will not affect your delivery location.

2. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

I believe Florida is one of the few states without any of the "no factory owned stores" wording in the franchise protection laws. This means that TESLA Florida can sell cars. Until everyone else in the country wakes up and realizing that law is only meant to protect franchisees TESLA is better off working through states w/o those laws

3. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

My Model S MVPA said Dania Beach FL at every step of the way. And my reservation verbiage also said Dania Beach. That was last March.

4. Owner

Owner Active Member

My Model S MVPA signed this month is a "California Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" with their Palo Alto address listed.

- - - Updated - - -

But the Reservation agreement from Dec 2012 does say Florida!

Untitled.jpg

5. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

My MVPA from 12/1/12 says Palo Alto. Maybe there is a conversion in process. Thanx NEWDL for the original reply. Makes sense!

6. JMO

JMO Member

Tesla does have a store in Dania Beach which is in Ft. Lauderdale and where I physically got delivery of my car. I live in Miami.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Dania Beach used to be the store location, but it has now been converted to be a Service Center. Store is now on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach