Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why my model 3 is not charging sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the time when the battery around 93% , when I set the limit to 100%,   plug in my car in 110VAC outlet, it always says: Charging Complete. And it's weird, when you see the voltage of the power on the touch screen, it only shows 2VAC, which should be 110VAC.

Screenshot_20200128-1308~2.jpg

...which should be 110VAC...

Actually, 120VAC

...only shows 2VAC

Could it be that it's winding down to at the end of the charge?

...93% , when I set the limit to 100%,   plug in my car in 110VAC outlet, it always says: Charging Complete...

It's the art of Battery Management System. You can't force it to charge if it thinks it's optimal to not charge anymore.

Actually, 120VAC

Could it be that it's winding down to at the end of the charge?

It's the art of Battery Management System. You can't force it to charge if it thinks it's optimal to not charge anymore.

Understand. The most important thing is I just want to know if you guys see the same situation so it's not because of something wrong with my car. Thanks

No, it's never been charged, it shows 2VAC right after it's been plugged in.

Beginning and Ending readings don't count.

What count is once it's stabilized during a session.

It needs to slowly ramp up so it doesn't trip your circuit breaker. So, 2VAC is a good thing!

...The most important thing is I just want to know if you guys see the same situation so it's not because of something wrong with my car. Thanks

Factoring in 120V and cold winter, I would say what you are seeing is expected.

If you are talking about 240V and summer, then I would try to figure out why.

You are fine!

Beginning and Ending readings don't count.

What count is once it's stabilized during a session.

It needs to slowly ramp up so it doesn't trip your circuit breaker. So, 2VAC is a good thing!

Factoring in 120V and cold winter, I would say what you are seeing is expected.

If you are talking about 240V and summer, then I would try to figure out why.

You are fine!
Thanks a lot.