Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why should the battery be plugged in when not in use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should be able to go to the Control screen for E-Brake and Power Off, and turn the car off from there, then exit the passenger side.

Your picture isn't showing for me, but a screw in the trunk with a hex (probably Torx) head is most likely for the license plate.

Apparently I haven't learned the the E-Brake and power off menu in my first few hours of ownership:smile:. I only knows how to lock and unlock.
Yes the screw matches the one on the front license plate. Thanks!

---Add a few more questions as I am learning more---

6. Can you play youtube on tesla?

I tried it garage but the 3G is so slow the page does not load.

7. Is there a recycle vent setting? the one that circulate the air inside the cabinet in case foul smell outside?

8. No pocket/storage on the door?
I love the simplicity. But it won't hurt if there is extra storage space.

9 No visor glove?

10 No storage under the center elbow support (for lack of right words)?

6 - Nope. No video support has been discovered in the 17" panel other than the rear camera.
7 - Between the climate control temperatures on the bottom of the 17" there's a tappable section that expands. You'll find recirculate vs. outside air option there.
8 - Technically there's open storage in the curvy part at the top of the door, but I don't recommend putting stuff there.
9 - Need more details on what you mean here to adequately answer.
10 - Nope. No accessible storage space in the "cupholder and rear vent enclosure" (I don't know the real name) between the front seats.

6. No, the browser won't allow that.

7. Click the climate button - and then the second option on the popup

8. There is a storage flap at the front of the drivers seat

9. Don't know what that is?

10. Correct. I've personally come to appreciate this because it keeps the car cleaner compared to previous cars we had. But you can always get this:
http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/drop-in-center-console

Thanks guys!
For #9, I mean the little storage that usually holds the sunglasses, close the vanity mirror area?

Add one more
11. Trouble training home link
The last step instructs to press the learn button on the opener receiver. However I could not find it on the big box(the opener itself, not the remote), nor on the wall control. I went ahead complete the step but it does not work.

Thanks guys!
For #9, I mean the little storage that usually holds the sunglasses, close the vanity mirror area?

Add one more
11. Trouble training home link
The last step instructs to press the learn button on the opener receiver. However I could not find it on the big box(the opener itself, not the remote), nor on the wall control. I went ahead complete the step but it does not work.

9. Oh. Yes. I put my sunglasses in the storage area underneath the 17" display.

11. What model of garage door opener do you have? If it has lights as part of it, you may have to take the light shield off in order to get to the program button.

Got the homelink working. Thanks! It is an orange button, different from in Tesla's instruction screen. I guess it is an older model.

---Add more questions---
11. Does voice command works? like "play slacker Bee Gee".

12. Is there a button to close all windows and roof at once?

13. Does anyone feel the door opening/closing is not as sturdy as a luxury care should be? I think it is because the glass has no reinforcement metal at the top edge and gives a flaky feel?

14. Does gmail work in the navigator? I tried a few sites like gmail.com, cnn.com, cbs.com, none of them open up. I don't think it is slow network. If there is a limitation on certain sites won't show, what is that limitation?

11. Yes, but remove the word "slacker" (i.e. just "play Bee Gees"). Note that the quality of interpretation varies widely but I've found that generally it mostly works. Think bad cell phone reception.
12. Open: Triple click the roof of the fob. Close: Haven't found such an option, but would like it.
13. Nope, feels fine to me. Feels as solid as my other vehicles (past and present), if not more.
14. Haven't tried any of those three. BRB...

11. Yes, but remove the word "slacker" (i.e. just "play Bee Gees"). Note that the quality of interpretation varies widely but I've found that generally it mostly works. Think bad cell phone reception.
12. Open: Triple click the roof of the fob. Close: Haven't found such an option, but would like it.
13. Nope, feels fine to me. Feels as solid as my other vehicles (past and present), if not more.
14. Haven't tried any of those three. BRB...

Thanks. Any button to push before the voice command?

14 (continued)

I assume you mean the "WEB browser" not the "NAVigator". Screens attached:
WebSample1Gmail.jpg

WebSample2CNN.jpg

WebSample3CBS.jpg

Cool. Thanks Man! Is my network so terrible?:confused:

---Add---

15. Can you sync the destination you visited with Google account? e.g., from browser Google maps, I can click a place I searched to desktop and go?

16. Can you save the destination to favorites with a name like "home" (like what you did with Google maps), so you can do voice command like "Navigate to home?"