Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so much of for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am part of a Facebook Tesla for sale by owners group. Lately I have seen a LOT of people just selling their Tesla. Some with few 100 or 1000 miles . Why are people selling them ? When I asked few who were selling M3 and MY they all said they are getting a MS or MX . Which I don’t believe , you don’t buy a Model Y drive for 400 miles or two months and then say my Model X is being delivered.

I am part of a Facebook Tesla for sale by owners group. Lately I have seen a LOT of people just selling their Tesla. Some with few 100 or 1000 miles . Why are people selling them ? When I asked few who were selling M3 and MY they all said they are getting a MS or MX . Which I don’t believe , you don’t buy a Model Y drive for 400 miles or two months and then say my Model X is being delivered.
You wouldn't want to overthink this. I might be misinterpreting that you are thinking it is a negative reason. As Hank said, flipping is popular. At least up here it is.

Upvote 0
Flippers, although I doubt they are making money, instead loosing since all Teslas are trading under MSRP regardless of old price or new price.

Old price flippers might be breaking even or loosing.

The time of flipping Teslas for a profit are long gone.
This 👆👆
Large number of Teslas at auction too and there are a bunch on dealers lots that are not selling.

Reactions: Daekwan
Upvote 0
Tesla cars were purchased at the old prices were an easy flip for a while but today Tesla has immediate available inventory and is now discounting zero mile showroom inventory. I was searching and Tesla is already discounting 2023’s. I’m always surprised with sellers with 2022‘s trying to claim "why wait 6 months to get a new one" Prices will continue to fall as it’s become a buyers market as cash has always been king.

Upvote 0
I'm listing mine for sale. Eight months old, 16K miles, fully loaded with FSD activated. It took 54 weeks for delivery and while waiting I ordered an EQS580. The EQS580 was delivered last night. The Tesla is a better machine as far as speed and exterior looks and of course FSD.

The EQS blows away the Tesla as far as fit and finish, interior and luxury. After five years combined of driving model S's, I'm ready for a change. Plus, I get a sunroof, normal turn signal and horn, real blind spot notification, and a decent autopilot (though not called that). No FSD for now.

Upvote 0
The wait list may not be as long for some. Owners will reject a pickup and Tesla will call someone else to make a sale. My cousin got a Model X plaid within 1 week of deposit. He had to take black one though so he did instead of waiting for a blue. It had a couple of blemishes on the outside trims, but server center fixed it later. We think someone rejected the car. It only had 13 miles on it.

Upvote 0
I'm listing mine for sale. Eight months old, 16K miles, fully loaded with FSD activated. It took 54 weeks for delivery and while waiting I ordered an EQS580. The EQS580 was delivered last night. The Tesla is a better machine as far as speed and exterior looks and of course FSD.

The EQS blows away the Tesla as far as fit and finish, interior and luxury. After five years combined of driving model S's, I'm ready for a change. Plus, I get a sunroof, normal turn signal and horn, real blind spot notification, and a decent autopilot (though not called that). No FSD for now.
Just saw YouTube video on EQS580. Unbelievable beautiful and so luxurious...I want one too :)

Upvote 0