Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Tesla put a 2 spoke steering wheel in the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a concern... The car will park into the spot for you automatically.

actually, i'm curious as to what happens when a Tesla car tries to maneuver into a lot in which cars on both sides are parked in a slanted manner? As human drivers, we would park in a way that gives optimum space gaps between these two cars (IOW, our car needs to be parked at an angle as well). If the auto parking parks straight, one or more doors may not be able to open properly since there is no enough gaps to do so (c/w of the slanted parked cars).

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
actually, i'm curious as to what happens when a Tesla car tries to maneuver into a lot in which cars on both sides are parked in a slanted manner? As human drivers, we would park in a way that gives optimum space gaps between these two cars (IOW, our car needs to be parked at an angle as well). If the auto parking parks straight, one or more doors may not be able to open properly since there is no enough gaps to do so (c/w of the slanted parked cars).
Yeah, also if parking at a supercharger, would the car know the optimal space to park in if there are several to choose from. Maybe a current owner can fill me in on this, but my understanding is you don't just park in the first spot you see for the fastest charging.

Automatic perpendicular parking should always park itself straight between the lines. If people can't get out at the perpendicular, you can pull out straight, get out, and then use Summon to park it again.