Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Widest tires in front for square set up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you want wider tires in the winter? You may want to consider narrower tires for better snow performance.
Your right narrower tires probably perform better on the snow. But that was not my question. I don't have a narrower choice with Nokian WR G4 at 19 inches with a similar diameter. Also, I wanted a compromise of all-weather traction and performance not just snow. Anyway, I was just trying to find out if 255/40/19 set up would have any issues at all in terms of front fender clearance with increase tire diameter. As far as speedometer accuracy goes I know the actual speed will be faster by a mile or two then indicated on the speedometer.

Your right narrower tires probably perform better on the snow. But that was not my question. I don't have a narrower choice with Nokian WR G4 at 19 inches with a similar diameter. Also, I wanted a compromise of all-weather traction and performance not just snow. Anyway, I was just trying to find out if 255/40/19 set up would have any issues at all in terms of front fender clearance with increase tire diameter. As far as speedometer accuracy goes I know the actual speed will be faster by a mile or two then indicated on the speedometer.

did you go with 255/40/19 or 255/35/19?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
We only run that setup on the track. It does drive perfectly straight, even with 0 toe or toe out in the rear. Can't comment on how it would drive on worn city streets. Usually, extreme front camber makes for a lot of tram-lining.
Any insight on whether or not a 255/55R18 BF KO2 A/T tire would clear the steering knuckle/upper control arm for the Model 3? Or would I need a wheel spacers or different offset wheel?
Playing with the idea of using your 1.75” lift along with a bigger tire similar to what i1tesla did with his Model Y. 255/55R18 for KO2 is the smallest which will be close or a narrower 225/55R18 Toyo A/T

Any insight on whether or not a 255/55R18 BF KO2 A/T tire would clear the steering knuckle/upper control arm for the Model 3? Or would I need a wheel spacers or different offset wheel?
Playing with the idea of using your 1.75” lift along with a bigger tire similar to what i1tesla did with his Model Y. 255/55R18 for KO2 is the smallest which will be close or a narrower 225/55R18 Toyo A/T
Only way I can see that being possible is if the Model Y suspension links can be put on a Model 3. There's not any room for a much larger diameter tire on a Model 3. A spacer large enough to clear the knuckle would completely mess up geometry and probably not be safe.
IMG_4423.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Jake C
Only way I can see that being possible is if the Model Y suspension links can be put on a Model 3. There's not any room for a much larger diameter tire on a Model 3. A spacer large enough to clear the knuckle would completely mess up geometry and probably not be safe.
View attachment 572836

Great picture, I wasn't sure how far that link overlapped but looks like a lot more than 15-25mm spacer that I was thinking might clear that. I wonder why they decided to have it curve over tire as opposed to other vehicles. I'm assuming that it is better for drive/track performance but it really limits tire options... Sad day...

I just purchased a Model S Long Range and want to get the Tsport TSS19" rims. Based on reviews, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires are the ones I want to go with.

Given the 19" Tsport TSS run 19x8.5", would a 255/40R19 work for all 4 tires without any rub or issues? Any draw backs to running this setup? Thanks!

I just purchased a Model S Long Range and want to get the Tsport TSS19" rims. Based on reviews, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires are the ones I want to go with.

Given the 19" Tsport TSS run 19x8.5", would a 255/40R19 work for all 4 tires without any rub or issues? Any draw backs to running this setup? Thanks!
This is the model 3 forum you might get better luck in the model s one

So does 255/40/19 setup with 19X9 inch wheel square set up clears the front and no problems everyday driving? I was thinking about the Nokian WR G4 wheels for the winter setup but only comes in 255/40/19 and no 245/40/19 is available.
Did you ever move forward with the 255/40/19 &19x9 square setup?

If so, what offset? Thinking about doing the same at +34 offset on an M3 LR. Did some measuring and and it looks like it’ll work, but it would be nice to have some verification before buying the setup. Thanks!