Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifi not always turning ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have been enjoying our 2024 Model Y LR since March 2024. However, I've been trying to figure out if it's normal that the Wifi option does not always automatically turn ON when I get in the car and start driving.

I do not have Tesla Premium connectivity so I am using my phone’s data by turning on the phone’s Hotspot. In general, it works well. but many times, I need to manually turn ON the car's Wifi so it will connect to my phone's Hotpost. I would say roughly 50% of the time the Tesla’s Wifi does not turn on automatically and I have to turn it on manually on the car’s screen.

I tried resetting by holding the 2 buttons on the steering wheel. I tried removing all my saved Wifi and manually adding my phone's Hotpot. I also have the option ticked "Keep on while driving".

Anyone experience this?

You’re not the only one with that issue: Lost Wifi While Driving since Spring Update

I don’t use WiFi while driving so I don’t know how it would work for me.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
It sounds like a different problem.

In my case, when I get in the car, half the time, the Wifi option does not turn on automatically. I have to manually toggle the button to turn in on. Once the Wifi is turned on, it automatically connects to my saved Wifi (phone's hotspot). When connected, I have no issue while driving.
It's once I parked the car and get out of the vehicule and when I come back to drive the car, half the time I have to once again turn the Wifi back on.