Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 245/45R-19 fit a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about trading in my Model S for a 3. My S has these nice, pretty new tires that would be nice to keep and put on a 3. I asked Tirerack in their online chat and they only said they haven't tested that height on the 3.

245/45R-19 BRIDGESTONE TURANZA QUIETTRACK SL

Last edited:
If you are not lowered they should be fine, they are just a hair over 1 inch taller, see below the difference.
Capture1.JPG

• Disagree
Reactions: Rodney! and dsgerbc
You won't be fine with certainty. If your tires are nearly new - they likely won't clear the upright.
It's possible that *some* tires with a claimed new diameter of 27.3-27.4" could fit due to some variance in actual sizes making them smaller. Tires with 27.7 diameter? Fat chance. I have pretty new tires of 27.2" diameter and they have maybe 2-3 mm to the upright.

Now, if your tires are somewhat worn, they *might* work. Say, you've worn down 2/32nds off new. That's 1.5mm of extra clearance, and about 0.4in in diameter, which would bring you down to the 27.3 range. Thowing a small 3mm spacer (or getting +32ish offset wheels) should create a bit of extra clearance.

These are 245/45/19 - a bit taller than 40s. Apparently closer to the front knuckle. I probably won't bother and just sell them.

If I could find posts with people using them on 3s I'd be fine but don't see anything anywhere…
Good call. IMHO, they will not fit and will rub the knuckle at the ball joint junction.

I have had ball joint rubbing issues with 275/35-19, which is just shy of 27" in actual measurement. :eek: The tire cleared when static (not moving) but rubbed under load/cornering. The 245/45-19 is actually taller then the 275/35-19, so it will DEFINATELY rub.

Reactions: rahs