Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 3/31/17 be the production Model 3 reveal?

What Will Change on the Production Model 3?

• Nothing. It will be faithful to the concept shown on 3/31/16

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Larger trunk opening

Votes: 95 81.9%
  • Revised instrument panel (HUD, different touchscreen)

Votes: 101 87.1%
  • Slightly different nose design

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Base range more than 215 miles

Votes: 82 70.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking March 31, 2017, exactly one year after the initial reveal of the Model 3, will be a momentous occasion of some sort. I'm guessing it's going to be the reveal of the production model. I've added a poll for some of the possible changes from the model shown on 3/31/16. What do you think we can expect on the final production model?

Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
I'm hoping for an early reveal too. Makes sense to be sooner rather than later. If they plan to ship to first customers in 3rd/4th quarter they are going to want to get the configurations in early so they can plan the batches. The first production run is going to be intense!

But in order for people to configure, they need to release the final details. I'm hoping for a March reveal with solid information on the interior (the lack of dashboard display is my biggest concern and I want to see what they're doing instead), with a drip feed of details specs throughout the rest of the year, culminating in the final launch event where they will talk more about batteries, charging capabilities etc.

I think the spring event will release most of the final details for the production car along with most of the pricing. I wouldn't be surprised if there are additional minor tweaks between that and actual production 3 - 4 months later but the changes should be minimal. I expect all the details to be fully released by June when, I'm thinking, CA employees will get to configure. They might even open up the design center then to let people play with it, just not confirm their choices until it's their turn.

Reactions: Red Sage
I'm hoping Tesla offer good finance options on Model 3 whenever my reservation actually comes into effect (I'm expecting 2018/2019 based on how late I left it, and how I'm in the UK). I don't think I'll have the hard cash sitting in the bank. I am saving though - goodbye extravagant purchases like PCs, TVs, holidays!

I'm hoping Tesla offer good finance options on Model 3 whenever my reservation actually comes into effect (I'm expecting 2018/2019 based on how late I left it, and how I'm in the UK). I don't think I'll have the hard cash sitting in the bank. I am saving though - goodbye extravagant purchases like PCs, TVs, holidays!
This person got 1.74%, Once my 3 is ordered, what about financing / car loans? Of course, who knows what it'll be like a year from now.

This person got 1.74%, Once my 3 is ordered, what about financing / car loans? Of course, who knows what it'll be like a year from now.

Also, financing in the US is likely to be very different than financing in the UK.

My current car, an ICE, I got a ridiculously good finance deal for, but the car was only worth £14000. I got it at 0% interest, with a £2000 down payment, nothing to pay at the end - the car is mine. GM were desperate to flog this car.

I am not expecting anything like it from Tesla, and demand for the Model 3 is going to be really high. That's why I leapt at the chance to spend £1000 on it now by reserving it. That's £1k I won't have to spend later.

I'm not too worried about it. I'm hoping Tesla will allow me to keep my reservation for as long as it takes. If ordering is made available in 2019, I should have enough for the initial payment, and my salary will cover the monthly payment just fine. The only things that can make me worry is if the £ gets weaker against the USD$ (almost certain to be the case with Brexit and a strengthening $) and if the government incentive got scrapped. The incentive as it currently stands trims £4500 off the price, which is wonderful, and I don't expect it to last....

I am not expecting anything like it from Tesla, and demand for the Model 3 is going to be really high. That's why I leapt at the chance to spend £1000 on it now by reserving it. That's £1k I won't have to spend later.

Knowing how Tesla operates, I'm quite certain they will not attempt to make money out of financing but on the other hand, Tesla financing in the UK will be handled by various providers who will try to make easy money from the demand. I'm hoping Tesla will lay down basic conditions to prevent exploitation of their customers by these third party providers. It is in Tesla's interest to do so.