Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I get my Red/white interior P3D before tax deadline

Before June cutoff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey everyone. I ordered my Red P3D with white interior on 5/11.

I called my local (Arizona) sales guy since I still don’t have a VIN and he only mentioned how exciting it is that the car rolls off the line and it’s mine - he would not commit to a timeline.

Do you think I’ll receive my car by the end of June to ensure tax rebate of $3,750? Any word on red/white interior being made?

Thanks all. The 888 number goes right to voicemail.

I ordered the same care 1 day earlier (5/10). I am leasing.

I have a theory (worth exactly what you are paying for it ;-) that they will prioritize "high margin" deliveries to try and get them in before the end of the quarter, so my worthless guess is that you will get yours by June 30th.

Not sure what to guess for me. On one hand, I ordered a high margin car. On the other hand, it is a lease and that will have a negative cash effect on their books. On yet another hand, since the lessor (Tesla Leasing) collects the tax credit, that is an incentive for them to deliver by end of quarter. How it will really shake out is a mystery. Ideally, I would like to have the car ASAP, but in reality it doesn't really matter as I have other cars I can drive until delivery.

Good luck to us both !

You can try calling your local delivery center. Sometimes they can track the car location by vin and if it can't be delivered by a certain time you Mayyyyyyyyy be able to pick it up. I use to work at the center and got calls about it often. BTW let me know if you want to do a dash trade. for some reason my posts arent featured

Thanks for insights so far. I called local delivery center 5 times today and no answer. I’ll try again this afternoon and keep the group posted.

I simply don’t see many red versions and other threads suggest red/white is rare similar to the “unicorn” white/white.

Thanks for insights so far. I called local delivery center 5 times today and no answer. I’ll try again this afternoon and keep the group posted.

I simply don’t see many red versions and other threads suggest red/white is rare similar to the “unicorn” white/white.

I definitely seen the red and white in so cal. In fact, i see red with white more than black. even on the resale.

I had the same anxiety when I ordered mine in the first week of May, I purchased mine in store and not online, sales person said Performance models tend to take longer to build that it may take 4+ weeks and didn’t think I could take delivery by end of June deadline and next thing you know, I get that message 2 weeks later after ordering, saying my schedule delivery date to pick up car is ready! I was impressed.
But good luck hopefully it comes soon!

Just called 888 number and the gentleman was cool as a cucumber. Stated that turnaround time is right at 4 weeks (in Arizona). He also mentioned new cars are being assigned and delivered everyday.

This is all rhetorical, but....

If they have an idea of realistic delivery times or the order, why don't they provide that to the customer when they order or soon thereafter ? Giving a blanket "2 weeks" when they know it's different is just a blatant lie. Then couple that with a refusal to return polite phone inquiries when they tell you they will respond withing 24 hours.

All this does is start off with an adversarial relationship and does not bode well for repeat business.

Tesla has historically fulfilled all US orders prior to quarters end so I see no reason why you would not get your vehicle by June 30th.

Now if you live in Canada...that’s a different story. All bets are off for those deliveries. Tesla has not been showing Canada much love lately.

This is all rhetorical, but....

If they have an idea of realistic delivery times or the order, why don't they provide that to the customer when they order or soon thereafter ? Giving a blanket "2 weeks" when they know it's different is just a blatant lie. Then couple that with a refusal to return polite phone inquiries when they tell you they will respond withing 24 hours.

All this does is start off with an adversarial relationship and does not bode well for repeat business.
Couldn’t agree more. The first impression is a lasting one and being told two weeks and then not proactively contacting me when 2 weeks have come and gone is a red flag. I purchased car in Tesla store and immediately got approved from financing but in a hold pattern because there is no VIN.

Not to mention I’m trading in a car and the trade in value assumes you drive less than 1000 additional miles. If I don’t receive my next ride for 6+ weeks I may have to rework my trade in which is annoying.

I ordered mine 4/29 Red/White AWD 19 inch ... will be taking delivery tomorrow.

As for the DA's forget about talking to them, they have no clue and you will only get frustrated. After multiple calls around 5/21 (1 week after the theoretical delivery date), I was able to get the Branch Sales Manager to call me back... she explained to me that production for first two weeks of May were dedicated to right hand steering for China so that they can be shipped and delivered before end of June. Sure enough a couple of days my VIN showed up and I received a call from Tesla asking about setting up a delivered date.

Oddly enough today I happened to look at my account, and I noticed that the delivery date had been moved from 6/4 to 6/1. No phone or email advising me. Not very customer centric.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
I ordered mine 4/29 Red/White AWD 19 inch ... will be taking delivery tomorrow.

As for the DA's forget about talking to them, they have no clue and you will only get frustrated. After multiple calls around 5/21 (1 week after the theoretical delivery date), I was able to get the Branch Sales Manager to call me back... she explained to me that production for first two weeks of May were dedicated to right hand steering for China so that they can be shipped and delivered before end of June. Sure enough a couple of days my VIN showed up and I received a call from Tesla asking about setting up a delivered date.

Oddly enough today I happened to look at my account, and I noticed that the delivery date had been moved from 6/4 to 6/1. No phone or email advising me. Not very customer centric.

Thanks for the info ! Where are you located ?

Thanks everyone. I’ll keep you posted when I hear something. What accessories does everyone suggest? The frunk/trunk mats seem overpriced but I do plan on buying mats for interior, stickers for window buttons.

Is getting protective ‘skin’ for paint worth it? It looks pricey to do the whole car so perhaps only segments?

Thanks.

Thanks everyone. I’ll keep you posted when I hear something. What accessories does everyone suggest? The frunk/trunk mats seem overpriced but I do plan on buying mats for interior, stickers for window buttons.

Is getting protective ‘skin’ for paint worth it? It looks pricey to do the whole car so perhaps only segments?

Thanks.
Hi, you can check our custom fit all weather floor mats that have received a great response in the Model 3 Interior & Exterior forum by other TMC members. They are available on Amazon at a special price $79.99 right now for your Model 3. www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Let us know if you have any questions.

Still no update from Tesla. Never knew I’d be so excited about a random combination of letters & numbers (VIN) but still holding my breath.

Went to the website and ordered a charger for my house while I wait. What’s a reasonable quote from an electrician to install?

Thanks all.

I'd guess EOQ. Mine was delivered 3/31, end of Q1.

Being in Phoenix, I can't see a need for extra floor or trunk mats. Only accessory I've bought so far that's been worthwhile is the wireless charging pad.

Tint is a must here. I did paint protection film on the fenders, hood, and mirrors because I'll be taking my car to the track where rock chips are frequent. Probably worth it on a daily driver too if small chips bother you.

What part of Phoenix are you in?

I'd guess EOQ. Mine was delivered 3/31, end of Q1.

Being in Phoenix, I can't see a need for extra floor or trunk mats. Only accessory I've bought so far that's been worthwhile is the wireless charging pad.

Tint is a must here. I did paint protection film on the fenders, hood, and mirrors because I'll be taking my car to the track where rock chips are frequent. Probably worth it on a daily driver too if small chips bother you.

What part of Phoenix are you in?
Tha