Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will insurance cover the increased value if I add Enhanced Autopilot now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
If I add Enhanced Autopilot to my 2 month old Tesla, how can I get my insurance to add the value to the car so it's covered for the increased replacement cost (which would increase by the $6,000 cost of adding Enhanced Autopilot) in the event it's totaled?

Will my insurance be obligated to cover the increased replacement value if I add Enhanced Autopilot now?

Or how can I be sure if another driver totals my car and is at fault that their insurance will be liable for the extra $6,000 (or at least $5,000) added Enhanced Autopilot value as part of the replacement cost?

If I add Enhanced Autopilot to my 2 month old Tesla, how can I get my insurance to add the value to the car so it's covered for the increased replacement cost (which would increase by the $6,000 cost of adding Enhanced Autopilot) in the event it's totaled?

Will my insurance be obligated to cover the increased replacement value if I add Enhanced Autopilot now?

Or how can I be sure if another driver totals my car and is at fault that their insurance will be liable for the extra $6,000 (or at least $5,000) added Enhanced Autopilot value as part of the replacement cost?
Ask your agent :)

I'd assume it is no different from aftermarket items - tint, wheels, etc.

When I insured my car, they didn't ask if I had AP or not. Just the main product line & version.