Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it fit?

Will these all fit in a Tesla S? None of the pieces can fit in the frunk.

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a couple of furniture in IKEA. You know, those that you have to order from a terminal and pick up at the pick up area. I figured IKEA stuff is always flat packed and I shouldn't have a problem putting them into the Tesla. When I picked up my order, my jaw dropped...
IKEAvsTesla.jpg

This order is just two pieces of these: VALLENTUNA Sleeper sectional, 1-seat - Orrsta light gray - IKEA

If you've got a RWD car, you've got a better chance since more stuff will fit in the frunk. Otherwise the cushions will take all the rear space and the other items might be a really tough fit for the passenger seat. I hope you don't have a passenger! :)

First thing I tried was to fit the two big boxes with the rear seats folded down. But the 2 boxes are way too long. Even one turned sideway on top of the folded down seats, the other one in the trunk, I could not close the trunk. I had to move both front seats way up. Even with steering wheel pushed all the way in, it was only few inches away from my chest.

I ran out of room with 3 thin boxes left. I had to put one in the front seat side way, pushing against my arm while driving. The other 2, I had to remove the boxes and found spaces on top of the boxes. Fun time. lol.

Thank goodness for AP! I didn't quite have to "drive" most of the way home.

IKEAvsTeslaBack.jpg
IKEAvsTeslaSide.jpg
IKEAvsTeslaTIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: _jal_ and croman
Awesome. I squeezed in a 7 or 8 foot tree right next to my daughter (only folded the one seat, not the rest of the bench and let the top go out of the front passenger window). She loved playing with the leaves and branches while I drove home. My wife was less entertained with the top of the tree blowing in her face but she loves trees (and me). That was a beast to get out of the trunk and plant -- that was the only time I wish I had SAS (so I could lower the car and make it easier to lift out). Weighed about 400 lbs with the massive root ball.

Reactions: _jal_ and wesley888
I got a bunk bed, 2 mattresses, pillows and sheets, all the trimmings in my S90D without using the frunk, cause it's already full. My wife in the passenger seat and me driving. Drove comfortably about 45 min and delivered them to a refugee family. I was surprised how well it all fit. Those things fit a lot of stuff.