Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will not charge after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again, immediately following a update I have had another failure. First it was loss of FM radio, then we lost HVAC after another and now we cannot get the charger to work. All LEDs on the cord, the car and the display say green and charging but no amps flow.

Eventually it stops trying and says to unplug and try again.

It's getting scary to get updates.

Reactions: Drehrlenmeyer
Not being able to charge is a priority one service issue. File a service request on the app ASAP.

I doubt this was directly caused by an update, sounds like a hardware failure of some sort.
This has happened to me after every single software update since purchasing the vehicle. It's been in service 3 times with no resolution. There is DEFINITELY a correlation between the updates and charging failures.

You likely have some hardware module or other that is not updating properly. Since you mention your car is a model S in another thread you necro rezzed on this, I suggest you post in the model S subforum, starting your own thread on it. These cars are pretty different (S and 3), so something like this on the 3 wouldnt be relevant on the S, and neither one of the threads you rezzed had any posted resolution.