Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will sentry mode sound alarm if wheels are being stolen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping you'll keep us updated on the results? Thanks for sharing the suggestion with us. : )

If that mod works then it could be really useful and effective. Please keep us posted on your project when you get to it. How difficult is the mod? Will any car stereo/alarm place be able to do it?

Any competent stereo shop should be able to install this. It's three wires plus mounting the sensor. I'll see about documenting the install and posting the directions here when done.

I hear people say this a lot too. So I’m not sure if it’s even worth it.

You can buy a lug nut set (that requires an adapter like wheel locks).
If your car is targeted, doesn’t matter what you have, however if there are deterrents, they’d look for something easier and fast. You can smash sockets and remove them, sure, but doing that 20 times may take too long for them to even bother.

I absolutely hate wheel locks and it's always the first thing that gets changed on all of my vehicles. Nothing but issues with them. I have vehicles with 13k rims on them and still don't run them. If your rims are getting stolen you should really question where you are leaving your vehicle. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear these stories is..... Insurance scam! Criminals know to carry a set of sockets and hammer to remove locking lug nuts. But aint no one stealing a set ugly stock Tesla rims and tires.... GTFOH

The only time wheel locks make sense is hearing about people loosening them off and endangering the passengers. I do a quick walk around my vehicles when left in questionable areas every time I enter looking for damage ect.... Doesn't take much to loosen off even lock nuts

But aint no one stealing a set ugly stock Tesla rims and tires

Looking at the listings for sale even the stock 18's are over $500.00 then add sensors and tires. They would have some value for a thief.

I wish Tesla would add an adjustable shock sensor to the vehicle. It would at least set off the alarm and alert you on the phone application someone is messing with the vehicle.

You can buy a lug nut set (that requires an adapter like wheel locks).
If your car is targeted, doesn’t matter what you have, however if there are deterrents, they’d look for something easier and fast. You can smash sockets and remove them, sure, but doing that 20 times may take too long for them to even bother.
Mind linking an example of such product? I tried Googling lug nut set but not sure if I found the correct ones. Thanks.