Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla be adding youtube music anytime soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides, all Teslas already include YouTube as standard from the factory. We're just talking about one of the offshoots of that.
Good point!

This reminds me that a requirement for a YouTube Music app is to access the service without enabling access your Gmail (and thus your bank accounts). E.g. have it use your phone to authorize each YouTube Music session.

Interesting thread. I have been a YT "Premium" subscriber since the YT "Red" days. Both YT and YTM seem to have access to the same library and I sometimes use either to get to the same content. YTM frequently does not have "moving video" which would fit nicely with Tesla's restrictions. Yes, I can stream from my Android phone but I would gladly pay Tesla the premium for enhanced connectivity instead of burning mobile data, I am on Google Fi which I like but pay for each GB used at this time. It does seem that it would require a genuine app as now it often seems that YT and YTM are just variations of UI themes. Would be nice if Tesla reads these threads!

Unless you look at ALL the home stereo equipment and TVs that have YouTube, but not the Music app. And their integration may be linked to video, which you don't want to be using when driving. It may be the first setup that uses YT Music dedicatedly w/o video.