Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla doing anything for us? CA deliveries going to cost us $500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, Tesla's not going to compensate for that change. I get it is on the state for making this last minute change to their program, but at the same time, don't advertise the incentive on your site when you know you won't deliver cars to the state by then. Tesla, listing that incentive, could get the car to you before that Dec 3rd deadline, but someone who ordered a car a month after you living on the east coast is gonna get that car first.

upload_2019-11-15_18-10-59.png

Yeah, Tesla's not going to compensate for that change. I get it is on the state for making this last minute change to their program, but at the same time, don't advertise the incentive on your site when you know you won't deliver cars to the state by then. Tesla, listing that incentive, could get the car to you before that Dec 3rd deadline, but someone who ordered a car a month after you living on the east coast is gonna get that car first.

View attachment 477454

That’s pretty much the way it’s always been and their business model. If they weren’t in such demand at their production rate now they would have extra inventory they could ship. Elon said they didn’t have a demand problem. Logistics-wise it simply takes longer to delivery to the East Coast from the factory and weather especially in the winter gets worse overall so they hope to avoid that as much as possible. They do what they have to do to get the most people their cars in the quarter they can. That’s also why Overseas orders get filled first part of the quarter. Sometimes people will change their order after its already been planned for and free up some units that might match someone elses but they don’t have the storage to keep cars around otherwise.

I was rather shocked to see California pull the offer the way they did. Felt they should have at least continued it until the end of the year. $500 less is better than none at all, as in the program is so popular that it funds out of funds early.

Do look into any other rebates/credits you might get from your electric utility and sometimes municipalities.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I live in WA, we don't have to deal with state incentives, we don't have to worry about HOA access stickers, we know upfront we'll be paying a $150 EV tax each year, and for many close to $1000 of RTA tax.

You do know that the sales tax credit for re-started, right? Sounds like it's easier than California's incentive, but it still has it's rules...

Multiple people including myself have spoken with CVRP via the help line and been told that they are using the base model 3 msrp as the vehicle qualification model for the rebate. I specifically asked if options made the msrp go above 60k if that would exclude us from rebate and was told no. Performance with FSD should still get the $2k rebate since it is a model 3. With that said, this is California we are talking about so who knows? I still have hope that we will get the rebate.

Hope this is true, I wonder if it’s written any where.

You do know that the sales tax credit for re-started, right? Sounds like it's easier than California's incentive, but it still has it's rules...
Of course, but it has the $45000 hard limit so most Teslas won't qualify, I ordered SR+ without FSD to take advantage of that, but because it only applies to the first $2500 I still have to pay over $1600 in sales tax, luckily I don't live in the RTA area otherwise it'll be another $400 to register.

Of course, but it has the $45000 hard limit so most Teslas won't qualify, I ordered SR+ without FSD to take advantage of that, but because it only applies to the first $2500 I still have to pay over $1600 in sales tax, luckily I don't live in the RTA area otherwise it'll be another $400 to register.

Still better than paying the entire amount in sales tax, though. My opinion, anyway.

Reactions: ZappCatt

View attachment 477454
This is pretty sleezy. Dangling the full $2,500 rebate when they are telling you elsewhere on their website that the car likely won't arrive in time to qualify for the full rebate.

You had an estimated from Tesla. That is not the same as a hard-date. Which is what the expiration of the incentive from the state of California has.

So yeah, Tesla problem.

Please don’t cry to me about what Tesla owes you. Or $500.

Signed,
Early adopter Performance Model S owner.
Agreed. Early adopters got screwed every which way. Never buying another tesla again. Learned my lesson.