Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla doing anything for us? CA deliveries going to cost us $500

3antar

Oct 22, 2019
Irvine, CA
Since Tesla has pushed CA orders into 2nd/3rd week of December, we are going to get $2000 (after Dec 2) instead of $2500. Is Tesla going to do anything for us?

No. They can't control what incentives are offered to us unfortunately. This is the states issue for changing something like this within a month's notice.

wariqp3d

Oct 17, 2019
CA
I've asked my SA this exact same thing, and as 3antar has said, they dont control when the state changes its requirements. It could be possible for Tesla to compensate as an act of generosity, but until that happens, its all speculation. Be happy that you at least qualify unlike us that ordered a p3d and are screwed entirely.

3antar

Oct 22, 2019
Irvine, CA
I've asked my SA this exact same thing, and as 3antar has said, they dont control when the state changes its requirements. It could be possible for Tesla to compensate as an act of generosity, but until that happens, its all speculation. Be happy that you at least qualify unlike us that ordered a p3d and are screwed entirely.

I highly doubt a company like Tesla, with already poor customer service, will be compensating us for money THEY weren't giving us to begin with. We may get a mug or some souvenir at best but even that I doubt. I expect to pick up my car and sign remaining docs all within 10 minutes. Nothing more or less.

RLM3

Oct 23, 2019
Foothill Ranch
Tesla can't even control their own delivery. They change it every week. Sometime the same SA will give you different estimates depending the time of the day.

Ellim312

Nov 15, 2019
San francisco
Sounds like a California issue and not a Tesla issue.
No this is definitely a TESLA issue. When some of us purchased our vehicles in early October we had an estimate of delivery “within 2 weeks” on our accounts and a California incentive of $2,500. We noted the price of the vehicle and all the incentives including the CA $2,500 rebate we would receive. We were counting on that extra $500 to be given back to us. How would you feel if Tesla added an extra $500 to your final cost? That’s what this means for all of us who purchased early.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
No this is definitely a TESLA issue. When some of us purchased our vehicles in early October we had an estimate of delivery “within 2 weeks” on our accounts and a California incentive of $2,500. We noted the price of the vehicle and all the incentives including the CA $2,500 rebate we would receive. We were counting on that extra $500 to be given back to us. How would you feel if Tesla added an extra $500 to your final cost? That’s what this means for all of us who purchased early.
Delivery *estimate*.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA

You had an estimated from Tesla. That is not the same as a hard-date. Which is what the expiration of the incentive from the state of California has.

So yeah, Tesla problem.

Please don’t cry to me about what Tesla owes you. Or $500.

Signed,
Early adopter Performance Model S owner.

JDCA

Oct 28, 2019
California
Multiple people including myself have spoken with CVRP via the help line and been told that they are using the base model 3 msrp as the vehicle qualification model for the rebate. I specifically asked if options made the msrp go above 60k if that would exclude us from rebate and was told no. Performance with FSD should still get the $2k rebate since it is a model 3. With that said, this is California we are talking about so who knows? I still have hope that we will get the rebate.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile

75Shappyt

Jan 18, 2018
Kansas City, Mo.
It's a ESTIMATE, when I was trying to buy a MS, in 2017, they told me 6-8 weeks, I couldn't wait that long, I was nice and polite in working with Tesla, and they got me a car that I love, in less than two weeks, work with Tesla, play nice.

ry-ballz

Mar 13, 2019
Colorado

Cancel your order. Problem solved.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
Glide,
You could easily get your rebate back. Just delete the Full self driving option. Buy it post-delivery. You only go over $60,000 MSRP with FSD

Not sure what rebate you are talking about. I bought my vehicle years ago I think you’re replying to the wrong person.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC