Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will tesla fix upholstery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about that part, but I had a small tear in the leather seat caused by my kid's child safety chair. My kid was really too large to sit in one of those, but the law said he had to be 8 so we kept doing it. I suspect a pebble must have affixed itself to the bottom of the seat and at some point he applied just the right amount of pressure to puncture the leather.

Tesla did not view it as a warranty issue because the child seat caused the tear. I guess I should have petitioned the state for repair funds! The SC did have access to an upholstery repair company nearby that did the repair job.

I have very premature wear on my driver's seat, within months of purchase, and they said no. Not happy. As for where your "wear" is...it's well known issue and I don't think that Tesla will do anything about it. Your's looks a lot better than many that I have seen. I have learned to enter the car a little differently so that I don't bump into that spot

I bought my car as a CPO. While I was inspecting the car there was a lot of wear on the 4 leather pieces right by the pillars. You could tell that it was from rubbing as passengers got in and out. Tesla was willing to put it on the due list and replaced all four.

The B pillar problem is well known and, in fact, senior management posted in this very forum that they would honor B pillar replacement.

The textile headliner was also an abomination to the point that they discontinued it. If you have separation at the moulding in one of the cars unfortunate enough to have the beige textile (they only came in one colour) headliner, do bring it to the attention of an SvC.

Anyway, the B pillar problem is documented - try to get them replaced in pairs if you can.

My leather seat started to show wear at 1 year. I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it unless there is cracking or other signs of premature failure.

The B pillar problem is well known and, in fact, senior management posted in this very forum that they would honor B pillar replacement.

The textile headliner was also an abomination to the point that they discontinued it. If you have separation at the moulding in one of the cars unfortunate enough to have the beige textile (they only came in one colour) headliner, do bring it to the attention of an SvC.

Anyway, the B pillar problem is documented - try to get them replaced in pairs if you can.

My leather seat started to show wear at 1 year. I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it unless there is cracking or other signs of premature failure.
Where would I find the post by senior management? Have searched with no luck. Would be nice to have this info when I contact SC.

Search for "b pillar George".

3rd post down in the results. Click on that and the quote will load along with the entire original post.

I tried copying the link into this reply but when I tested it the link broke. Seems to be a database issue.