Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla punish their supporters, or refund $3,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least the plane ticket you bought was for a seat on the aircraft on a particular date. And airlines are selling a product that is limited and time sensitive. Just like concert tickets. Once the date is past, all the tickets are worthless.

But FSD doesn't turn into a pumpkin on a particular date. It is supposed to be on my car for as long as I own it. And there is no date set for when I will get it since it wasn't delivered with my car. Tesla can't hold my money hostage forever, they have to deliver at some point or I should be able to get a refund.

My brother is still waiting on his deposit refund for more than 6 months, good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner
That is what I am afraid they will do.

Oh- they have already done it.

Its a done deal. NOA has been moved to FSD.

Isn't that sneaky?

Don't get me wrong....I love my car and wouldn't trade it for the world. I just hate what TESLA is doing right now. They have always been up and up in the light of other car manufacturers being sneaky and getting caught falsifying data and stuff.
TESLA has ALWAYS been above that kind of stuff.....

• Love
Reactions: C141medic
As I currently have EAP/FSD on a car bought in 6/18, I would hope that they sort this out to give something back to those early owners...

Anything...

Upgrade to free SC
Extended warranty
Priority EAP
Wall Charger

I'm not looking to get money back.... It is what it is.... but something for the early support would really be appreciated...

I mean..... Tesla has given me (since buying)...
TeslaCam
Atari
Sentry Mode
Romance Mode
Geo-fenced Mirrors
Additional range (310 - 325)
5% peak power

I don't remember them promising those at the time of purchase.... They just showed up...

As I currently have EAP/FSD on a car bought in 6/18, I would hope that they sort this out to give something back to those early owners...

Anything...

Upgrade to free SC
Extended warranty
Priority EAP
Wall Charger

I'm not looking to get money back.... It is what it is.... but something for the early support would really be appreciated...

I mean..... Tesla has given me (since buying)...
TeslaCam
Atari
Sentry Mode
Romance Mode
Geo-fenced Mirrors
Additional range (310 - 325)
5% peak power

I don't remember them promising those at the time of purchase.... They just showed up...
You right, but:
1. These items received by everyone. Even without paying for FSD.

2. You can’t take my money I paid specifically for FSD and tell me, see, I gave you 1 2 3. It’s in the customer discretion to agree to such a deal.

You right, but:
1. These items received by everyone. Even without paying for FSD.

2. You can’t take my money I paid specifically for FSD and tell me, see, I gave you 1 2 3. It’s in the customer discretion to agree to such a deal.

I'm not debating the issue on FSD.... I paid the price and do think that something should make it way back to us that did a year ago...

In my case.... It's not a cash thing.... It's a good will thing.... Tesla needs to figure it out...

If they offered us any one of the items I listed, I would be more than happy...

I would jump on the free SC.... or jump on an extended warranty...

But at least give owners an option to take it or leave it...

I'm a EAP/FSD Aug 2018 LR RWD buyer and I'm upset. I have gone from an avid Tesla lover to someone who feels cheated, lied too, and taken advantage of by Tesla.

FSD has NEVER been delivered, its essentially a "pre-order" and Tesla thinks they can now offer this "pre-order" price lower to others while not reducing my price? Really? I've never dealt with a company in my life who doesn't adjust pre-order pricing whether its a digital or physical product.

I had full intentions to buy a model Y on day 1, but there is no way I will be doing that now. Tesla has burnt my loyalty and trust and quite frankly I will likely swing to other EV companies for my 2nd EV.

Tesla still has a chance to correct their mistakes and at a MINIMUM I expect 1K refunded to me. Then I will feel that it is fair, yet still have wounds. Refunding me 3K will resolve the issue completely since that's what new buyers are getting it for.

Regardless, I'm fully expecting to get nothing except a big FU. And as such I've already mentally started shifting my thoughts away from Tesla for the future, as well as steering others away from the company. I've already had 3 referrals, and I will go from being a positive fanboy to someone who tells others to stay away because Tesla cannot be trusted, and will lie to you just to get extra money up front.

In the end this entire thing is going to hurt Tesla because I'm just one of many who feels this way.

I'm a EAP/FSD Aug 2018 LR RWD buyer and I'm upset. I have gone from an avid Tesla lover to someone who feels cheated, lied too, and taken advantage of by Tesla.

FSD has NEVER been delivered, its essentially a "pre-order" and Tesla thinks they can now offer this "pre-order" price lower to others while not reducing my price? Really? I've never dealt with a company in my life who doesn't adjust pre-order pricing whether its a digital or physical product.

I had full intentions to buy a model Y on day 1, but there is no way I will be doing that now. Tesla has burnt my loyalty and trust and quite frankly I will likely swing to other EV companies for my 2nd EV.

Tesla still has a chance to correct their mistakes and at a MINIMUM I expect 1K refunded to me. Then I will feel that it is fair, yet still have wounds. Refunding me 3K will resolve the issue completely since that's what new buyers are getting it for.

Regardless, I'm fully expecting to get nothing except a big FU. And as such I've already mentally started shifting my thoughts away from Tesla for the future, as well as steering others away from the company. I've already had 3 referrals, and I will go from being a positive fanboy to someone who tells others to stay away because Tesla cannot be trusted, and will lie to you just to get extra money up front.

In the end this entire thing is going to hurt Tesla because I'm just one of many who feels this way.
Sadly agree

Reactions: Cowby

The lesson learned might be... Don't pre-order any feature for any car.

I avoided pre-ordering FSD, not because I didn't think it would be well worth $8K, but because it did not exist yet, and future prices and the timeline of release were and are not guaranteed.

Last edited:

I feel your pain. This makes me wonder what the mix for no-EAP, EAP, EAP+FSD is like for those pre-Mar1 buyers. Perhaps Tesla has done the calculation and decided that the risk of pissing off those EAP+FSD buyers (and to a smaller degree the EAP buyers) is worth the benefits in pleasing/converting those no-EAP buyers. If that's true, then most likely there were a lot more no-EAP than I first thought. Is there a survey on no-EAP/EAP/EAP+FSD in this forum somewhere?

The lesson learned might be... Don't pre-order any feature for any car.

I avoided pre-ordering FSD, not because I didn't think it would be well worth $8K, but because it did not exist yet, and future prices and the timeline of release were and are not gauranteed.
Maybe, maybe not.

I didn't order EAP at delivery and I paid 7k vs 5k. I'm sure plenty of people will be whining about that if something similar occurs the next time.

Maybe, maybe not.

I didn't order EAP at delivery and I paid 7k vs 5k. I'm sure plenty of people will be whining about that if something similar occurs the next time.
No.

We do not complaining about price reduction.
All of us lost money when Model 3 prices reduced.

We complaining about how Tesla got our money for software not ready yet, by promising that by paying early we will save thousands, then reduced the price for whoever DID NOT pre order! All that while the software NEVER worked yet.

I'm not debating the issue on FSD.... I paid the price and do think that something should make it way back to us that did a year ago...

In my case.... It's not a cash thing.... It's a good will thing.... Tesla needs to figure it out...

If they offered us any one of the items I listed, I would be more than happy...

I would jump on the free SC.... or jump on an extended warranty...

But at least give owners an option to take it or leave it...
That’s exactly my feelings. Not a monetary issue but more of a goodwill issue. Hopefully they’ll figure out a way to make things right.