Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla upgrade 18 in wheel to 19 for free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, mine changed from the 18" aero to 19" gemini just recently. Damn, really preferred the aero design.

I guess they're going to go with 19" as a minimum for the model Y with 20" as an option and 21" for Performance. I wonder how the tire sizes will compare to the 3.

someone will gladly trade you 18" areo's for the 19" gemini's

I made a reservation in April 2019, and following today update, my LR AWD FSD 19" option has been changed to 20",
and my quote $59,500 is $2,490 below today order cost of $61,990.

Note: I made a $2,500 refundable deposit, I wonder if this explain the $2,490 price difference?

After seeing a whole bunch of other users post, it looks like you saved 1,000 for ordering early off of FSD, 990 from the cost increase, and 500 because the sport wheels are 2000 instead of 1500 now. The early bird gets the worm!

I made a reservation in April 2019, and following today update, my LR AWD FSD 19" option has been changed to 20",
and my quote $59,500 is $2,490 below today order cost of $61,990.

Note: I made a $2,500 refundable deposit, I wonder if this explain the $2,490 price difference?
Sigh this makes me sade, i should have waited. I reacted too soon last night.

So i originally had a LR AWD Y w/ 19" sports rims preordered with the $2500 deposit. Yesterday i found out tesla changed the model y configuration and also changed the wheel offering. When i logged in, they switched my wheels to the 19" gemini's. Dont like how the looked and preferred the black induction wheels and since i didnt hear any other announcement i went ahead and changed my wheels to the black induction wheels and my price increased $1490 ($990 + $500 for the wheel difference). I shouldnt have made that edit.

Woke up today and found out people who had the 19" sports wheels originally selected, were automatically changed to the induction wheels with no price inflation. You bet i was livid. Anyways its on me for not waiting... kinda wish tesla would have notified me of them changing the wheels to induction as when i logged in last night they were the geminis. At this point i may just cancel my pre-order and wait til after initial production rounds to re-order since i no longer have anymore pre-order perks.

Sigh this makes me sade, i should have waited. I reacted too soon last night.

So i originally had a LR AWD Y w/ 19" sports rims preordered with the $2500 deposit. Yesterday i found out tesla changed the model y configuration and also changed the wheel offering. When i logged in, they switched my wheels to the 19" gemini's. Dont like how the looked and preferred the black induction wheels and since i didnt hear any other announcement i went ahead and changed my wheels to the black induction wheels and my price increased $1490 ($990 + $500 for the wheel difference). I shouldnt have made that edit.

Woke up today and found out people who had the 19" sports wheels originally selected, were automatically changed to the induction wheels with no price inflation. You bet i was livid. Anyways its on me for not waiting... kinda wish tesla would have notified me of them changing the wheels to induction as when i logged in last night they were the geminis. At this point i may just cancel my pre-order and wait til after initial production rounds to re-order since i no longer have anymore pre-order perks.

You do have a place in line to get one sooner : D. May be worth seeing if anyone has reached out or reach out yourself.

You do have a place in line to get one sooner : D. May be worth seeing if anyone has reached out or reach out yourself.
That was the biggest draw for me, being one of the first in my area with the Model Y. I reached out to the sales advisor ive been communicating with and he checked with his manager but sounded like i am SOL with the response i got. I emailed tesla directly to see but ill prob get the same answer. If i do decide to keep this reservation, id probably be more tempted to move up to performance now since the gap between my LR AWD selection and a performance is a difference of $6000 as oppose to $9000 it once was.