Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will this hardtop fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you want this one? There's no weather seals or anything... so its going to be very noisy and will leak when it rains. Its a very rough fitting top that needs to be trimmed and there's no mounting bolts / points (hence why they throw in a free tube of SikaFlex). That top is really for track days / keeping the sun off you. The Clear Top is in a totally different ballpark and worth every penny. As for the Tesla hard-top, it gives the Roadster a different look/feel. I have both but prefer the cleartop but like putting the Tesla top on to change the lines/look of the car.

Have to agree with Wiztecy on the flimsy lightweight roof. Best avoided.

For not much more money you can buy a lined double-skinned version as I did. I relined it with even more sound proofing, and added a copper sheet ground plane antenna to drastically improve radio reception.

The cockpit is now much much quieter when cruising over 60mph. I can even make mobile calls and listen to the radio/cd now ... :biggrin:

Some photos of the Elise roof I fitted can be seen here :-

Improving Radio Reception and/or Fitting Elise Hard Top

Last edited: