Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Alignment/B Pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Newbie here - been searching but cant find similar.

Bought the car 2nd hand about 2 months ago and noticed this issue on pickup which i was told was just needing realigned.
Been into SC 3 times and they have replaced door seals etc and even a separate door assembly and issue remains - they are now leaning towards it having damage/accident on the b-pillar at some point in its life.
Anyone had similar to these (photos attached) and what was the cause/result.
Seems to be ok in the rain but car wash etc is an absolute no go.

Attachments

• 20240613_164542.jpg
    20240613_164542.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240613_164545.jpg
    20240613_164545.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 2
Is there a service similar to CarFax or AutoCheck in the UK where you could find the car's accident history, if any?

Also, could the window regulator be defective? Does the window seem "loose" when gently wiggling it with the window up and the door open?
Hi Nick

thanks for the reply - appreciate it.

ill take a look to see if i can find something but i doubt we can unless it was deemed "totalled" by the insurance companies.

the SC did replace the regulator and they have also said they tried a new door assembly which includes a window and the issue remained which they are saying completely rules out the door/glass/regulator etc.
since the last SC visit however, i can push the gap in by hand slightly whereas before it felt very solid. i seen a video on here about adjusting the track - i think i am going to give that a go - but i would think the SC would have tried this and again doesnt fit in with the new door assy they tried either