Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window issues with 2022.36.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GoldCountryCA

M3LR wh/bl/18”
May 5, 2021
Cool, CA
Hello,

This morning my windows vented on their own. With the rainy weather, this is a serious issue. Also, I know they changed something to do with the windows automatically reversing in a obstruction situation. When I went to roll up my self venting windows after wiping up all the water, the driver side rear window kept automatically rolling back down when I rolled it up. So I rolled it up from the driver’s control. When I closed the back door, it went up and down on it’s own. I was able to get it to stay up by closing the back door, then rolling it back up from the driver’s seat control, but even this took a couple attempts.

That had me look closer at the window and it’s relation to the seal. When you close the door with the window all the way up, the window goes up the last 5% like it did before, but now it goes up and comes back down a bit. None of the windows seem to shut as far as they did before. You can see a witness mark in the seals from where they used to sit when closed and the window now sits about an 1/8” below that.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible to roll back to a previous software version? When this bug is fixed, I’m going to stop updating my software unless there’s a drastic change that makes it worth rolling the dice.

Here’s a video I uploaded:

• Informative
Reactions: gyozaman
Is it possible to roll back to a previous software version?

No, you cant.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have seen a few other people report "strangeness" with window venting, however I have seen many more than a few people report that they do not have the ability to vent the windows through the app at all, and that appears to be due to one of the software recalls about possibility of fingers getting pinched when venting windows through the app.

Yeah, 2021 M3 LR AWD, windows doing pretty much the same thing. Went out to my car, windows down, yes, it was raining. Has happened multiple times. No, no key fob and no accidently hitting phone app. Getting very tired of it.

IF your windows go completely up and then down just a little bit, while still being sealed, then this is normal. It's relative to outside temperatures. A year or two ago this would only happen under freezing and it now happens a few degrees above freezing so they are low in case temperatures lower later. It's to prevent problems with frozen windows that cannot lower fast enough when you open your door and scratch against the door trim.

If your windows go a bit lower than that and are not sealed anymore (i.e. rain can get in) then you have a problem. I recommend calibrating the windows.

I'll chime in on this one. A few nights ago I was driving on the interstate in 40 degree temps and all 4 windows slightly cracked open. Not enough to expose the outside elements but I would guess they lowered by 1/8" to 1/4". I immediately I pulled up on the buttons and they went back up they all lowered again on their own. My car is garage kept so the next morning I got in the car and raised all of the windows and they stayed in place.

Is this a new algorithm incorporated into the software so the windows don't get stuck in cold temps or simply a bug?