Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Regular Calibration procedure not working... any other options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12v battery died two days ago and since then I get the window regulator bounce when I try to put the window up it comes back down a few inches.

I youtubed every freaking model 3 window regular recalibration video and tried every iteration of recalibration I could find but can't get it to stop.

Service can't see me for at least two weeks and problem is window doesn't shimmy down when open door buttons are pressed and I'm worried the glass will be damaged by the frame when I go to open the door.

Anyone have anything else I can try in the meantime that might work aside from the up-down-up/button hold processes?

I even tried shutting the car down and unplugging the new 12v battery hoping that would reset the window regulator. Unfortunately no dice.

What is the exact symptom? Windows going all the way up and then back down a little bit (an inch max maybe) can be normal if it's cold outside. When temperatures approach freezing the car does that in case the window freezes to the seal and cannot go down, possibly hurting the chrome trim when you open the door.
Windows going up and suddenly stopping and going all the way down can be the system that prevents injury (stuck fingers/limbs). Maybe there's too much resistance and you should either lubricate the seal with silicone lube or get the window/door adjusted.
In other cases, I think if the window stops short of the top or doesn't go all the way down, recalibration is the answer.

What is the exact symptom? Windows going all the way up and then back down a little bit (an inch max maybe) can be normal if it's cold outside. When temperatures approach freezing the car does that in case the window freezes to the seal and cannot go down, possibly hurting the chrome trim when you open the door.
Windows going up and suddenly stopping and going all the way down can be the system that prevents injury (stuck fingers/limbs). Maybe there's too much resistance and you should either lubricate the seal with silicone lube or get the window/door adjusted.
In other cases, I think if the window stops short of the top or doesn't go all the way down, recalibration is the answer.
OMG are you serious? This EXACT thing started happening to me today—and it’s cold out. Well, colder than my Tesla has ever known. The window goes up all the way, then drops ¼ inch…but only when exiting. When I’m inside and sitting in the driver’s seat, it goes up and stays up. Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: GtiMart
OMG are you serious? This EXACT thing started happening to me today—and it’s cold out. Well, colder than my Tesla has ever known. The window goes up all the way, then drops ¼ inch…but only when exiting. When I’m inside and sitting in the driver’s seat, it goes up and stays up. Thanks for the explanation!
When exiting the window always drops. When it's cold out and the car's sitting, the windows will drop a little so it doesn't freeze over and you can't over the doors.

Reactions: retlod