Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window regulator parts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for info on parts.
My drivers side rear window regulator has a broken 2” X 2”
Black plastic piece where the two cables slide into it.
That’s all it appears is wrong with it.
Unless you find a used regulator and can swap those parts or are otherwise able to fix that part, I think you're going to be stuck on spending a couple hundred dollars for a new one from Tesla. That's what I did.

Thanks for letting me know the price from Tesla.

I’ve been waiting two hours for our local NOLA SC to call me to see how much one is.
Called them at 08:00 and 09:00
Going on 3 hours now.

I called the 800 number to complain and had to wait 20 min for them to answer the phone.
Told him my problem waited another 10 min and was told it takes up to 24 hrs for them to call back from the SC.

They really need a drastic change with their communications.

Reactions: tldickerson
I wound up calling parts at the Tesla SC IN Houston, Texas and Parts answered the phone!!
How bout that?
They told me $220.00 !
I was hoping it was $120.00 like I was told earlier.
I think there might be an aftermarket option without the motor for the front doors that's like$120.
But yeah I just bought the rear driver's side door for my 15 a month ago and it was like $220.

Well, I finally got the regulator,$230.00 plus tax !
I installed it. Then moved the door panel closer so I could connect the switch wires to make sure the window worked and it did.
Connected everything else and installed the door panel.
Closed the door to reset the switch.
That’s when I noticed the door handles didn’t pop out when I touched them. Now what?
Luckily I had the window down so I could get in.
When I tried the window it didn’t work! Nor did any of the other windows!!
I did a reset with the scroll wheels. No help! Also turned all power off. Still no help!
Tried the driver side door handles again and they didn’t move but I discover the handles on the passenger side were working as they should when I touched the handles on the drivers side???
I called the Tesla 800 number and 45 min later they answered the phone.
They checked everything they could on their side and told me everything looked good!

Guess I’ll be going to NOLA SC.

Well, I finally got the regulator,$230.00 plus tax !
I installed it. Then moved the door panel closer so I could connect the switch wires to make sure the window worked and it did.
Connected everything else and installed the door panel.
Closed the door to reset the switch.
That’s when I noticed the door handles didn’t pop out when I touched them. Now what?
Luckily I had the window down so I could get in.
When I tried the window it didn’t work! Nor did any of the other windows!!
I did a reset with the scroll wheels. No help! Also turned all power off. Still no help!
Tried the driver side door handles again and they didn’t move but I discover the handles on the passenger side were working as they should when I touched the handles on the drivers side???
I called the Tesla 800 number and 45 min later they answered the phone.
They checked everything they could on their side and told me everything looked good!

Guess I’ll be going to NOLA SC.
I'm be curious as to how you make out since mine acts somewhat similarly.

I'll just ask a couple random questions.
-You've gotten in the car sitting in the driver's seat, and you can't get any window to move?

-Do all the handles pop out if you double tap the unlock button on the remote?

-You've tried all 4 door handles to touch to open and they all worked before but now only the 2 on the right work?

Mine has also had a difference when responding to touch based on whether it's locked or not. That's harder to notice since usually it auto locks
But if I have mine set not to lock at home and then just let it time out so the handles come back in, then it's much more likely to respond to touch.

I'm be curious as to how you make out since mine acts somewhat similarly.

I'll just ask a couple random questions.
-You've gotten in the car sitting in the driver's seat, and you can't get any window to move?

-Do all the handles pop out if you double tap the unlock button on the remote?

-You've tried all 4 door handles to touch to open and they all worked before but now only the 2 on the right work?

Mine has also had a difference when responding to touch based on whether it's locked or not. That's harder to notice since usually it auto locks
But if I have mine set not to lock at home and then just let it time out so the handles come back in, then it's much more likely to respond to touch.
First question: yes , in the drivers seat none of the windows work. Also, the little red light doesn’t come on when I press the lock button for the windows.
2. Only the passenger door handles work when I use the remote.
3. All 4 handles worked before!
Now only the passenger doors work.

My right rear handle and window regulator got a replacement/upgrade while still under warranty, so I don't know how much it would have cost. That's why it is a version ahead of the other 3. I too was having weird window switch issues with that right rear door. It would have a mind of its own, try closing it, it would go up a little then down all the way. Been perfect since they replaced it. Took 2 ton10 tries to get it to do what I wanted.

I think you press and hold the model S text on the screen for a few seconds, then it asks for a code, then just type service, and you'll be in service mode. I thought there would be more information regarding my AC issue yesterday but maybe that got taken away with a recent software update. Then one of the service options was recalibrate door handles, which brings up the following screen. Apparently only my newest door handle is recalibrate-compatible.

Attachments

• 20230905_165502.jpg
    20230905_165502.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 42