Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window rolled down by itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got back from a supermarket run, I found the passenger front window rolled down by 2 inches. Luckily nothing was taken from the car. I'm positive that I didn't accidently hit the window down button. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had that problem when I first got my Y on the drivers door. I would close the door, it would roll back up (since it drops a bit when you open the door), and then it would roll down a couple of inches. Resetting the sensors worked. My guess is it closes a little too tight, detects the resistance or can't close it as far as it thinks it should be closed, and backs off. I haven't run into it since.

I had that problem when I first got my Y on the drivers door. I would close the door, it would roll back up (since it drops a bit when you open the door), and then it would roll down a couple of inches. Resetting the sensors worked. My guess is it closes a little too tight, detects the resistance or can't close it as far as it thinks it should be closed, and backs off. I haven't run into it since.

Hmm, sounds like a different problem. I was by myself so that door wasn't used on that trip. But I'll reset the windows and see if it happens again.