TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Window Tint Installer Recommendations in San Luis Obispo County area

Discussion in 'California' started by Kbra, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Kbra

Kbra Member

Anybody got tint installer recommendation in the San Luis Obispo area? Also if you got yours done what did you end up paying? I fear many installers will try to jack their price given the value of the vehicle...

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I got mine done at SLO tint on Tank Farm road. They did a good job, but bent my frunk. They had no business being in there and paid for the repair properly. They charged $375 for 4 windows and the rear hatch using Lumar. I would use them again. PM me if you want to talk about my job or come over and see their work.

3. Kbra

Kbra Member

Cool i was hoping you would see this post. I've noticed you're one of the more vocal SLO people. Once I get my car in a week or two ill swing by to see how yours turned out. I've used San Luis Tint on Higuera for two of my other cars but always felt they were pricey. At least SLO Tint knows not to mess with my Frunk :)

4. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

If you can locate a Spectra Photosync dealer in the area, then this will be your best bet. This is an expensive product, but it is also the top in terms of heat rejection and clarity. You no longer have to go dark to block heat and this is what this film is known for. A 2nd alternative would be CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic - a pure 100% ceramic based tint that can block out a significant amount of IR and its TSER rating is higher than most except for Photosync. It's manufactured by the same company that makes PhotoSync.

5. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Amy thoughts on Quality Tint on LOVR?

6. Kbra

Kbra Member

I went to Quality before for two of my other cars. Everything came out fine they were just a little more expensive IMO. I ended up using ATD Window Tinting in Paso for my Tesla. They did a great job at a fair price.

7. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Thanks. What brand of film do they use?

8. Kbra

Kbra Member

I want to say 3M but its worth calling them to verify.