Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows not rolling down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a 2018 MX from Tesla last week. I notice the windows do not roll down sometimes when entering the car unless I pressed on the brakes. It happens randomly, anyone have brought it to SC and found out what the issue was?

Prior to 2021, both Model S and X lose their accessory power as if it’s an old gasoline car with the ignition turned off. So when you press on the brake pedal, that simulates as if you just turn on a gasoline engine and supply the power to the windows.

I guess in 2021, Tesla figures it out that there is no need to simulate gasoline engine on/off for windows operations anymore.

Thus, to solve your problem, buy a newer year, at least 2021 production

Prior to 2021, both Model S and X lose their accessory power as if it’s an old gasoline car with the ignition turned off. So when you press on the brake pedal, that simulates as if you just turn on a gasoline engine and supply the power to the windows.

I guess in 2021, Tesla figures it out that there is no need to simulate gasoline engine on/off for windows operations anymore.

Thus, to solve your problem, buy a newer year, at least 2021 production

It happens randomly, actually the windows work most of the time.