Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows won’t stay down when exiting vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pair of 2023 Model Y’s.
I leave the windows partially down(50%) when I exit in warm weather. When I return the windows are closed up right.. why does this keep happening?
I know you can vent them from the App but when I manually open them before exiting I expect them to remain in that position.

Anyone else having issues?

I have a pair of 2023 Model Y’s.
I leave the windows partially down(50%) when I exit in warm weather. When I return the windows are closed up right.. why does this keep happening?
I know you can vent them from the App but when I manually open them before exiting I expect them to remain in that position.

Anyone else having issues?
The new software update added this feature . When you park and leave the car it auto locks and rolls up all windows. a “vent” feature has been added to the Tesla app . You just need to press the vent button on your Tesla app. You may need to add the shortcut to your shortcut menu to have the vent button next to your door lock button on the Tesla app.

The new software update added this feature . When you park and leave the car it auto locks and rolls up all windows. a “vent” feature has been added to the Tesla app . You just need to press the vent button on your Tesla app. You may need to add the shortcut to your shortcut menu to have the vent button next to your door lock button on the Tesla app.
The vent feature in App is ok but if I want to be able to control window openings manually.
Is there no setting to override that feature?

I just now updated the app. Under Controls I see no Locks option. See screen shot attached please. I, too, would like to be able to leave my windows open from time to time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 09.59.53.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 09.59.53.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 134