Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield broke again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is like the group that thinks it’s Tesla’s fault too when they get a flat tire.
Stop tail gating and following large trucks and you’ll be ok. If you stay in the left lane doing 80 you’ll be fine.

More context would be appreciated. If it breaks just by sitting in the garage and tesla is replacing it under warranty is different than getting hit by
More context would be appreciated. If it breaks just by sitting in the garage and tesla is replacing it under warranty is different than getting hit by rocks
It has happened while driving. Seems like windshield is so fragile that it breaks even if there is small rock impact. I’m not sure if there is a stress test that has to be done, but just asking if others have experienced that same.

This is like the group that thinks it’s Tesla’s fault too when they get a flat tire.
Stop tail gating and following large trucks and you’ll be ok. If you stay in the left lane doing 80 you’ll be fine.
No one is blaming Tesla here, I personally have been a Tesla fan since day one! Had the Model S, Model 3 and now the Model Y. I have not been tailgating any truck it happening 3 times in the last 6 months is kind of concerning as previously I have never had this issue. More of thinking is the structure not aligned properly. I have been in carpool lane and have noticed my speed after the impact usually in the 50s when this has happened.

I've had multiple rocks hit my glass and no cracks yet.

That said glass cracks from flying debris is normal. Sucks that you've had 3 however sounds normal as sometimes stuff happens and glass cracks. Just maintain more distance when driving and know that windshield glass can and does crack.

Its a car - drive, repair, and enjoy.

Cracked windshield happens in any car. It highly depends on the type of rock hitting and pure luck. I got hit by two good size pebbles and got good size chips and small crack about 2” for the bigger one. I used a DIY windshield repair kit and its been great so far just fairly visible