Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just picked up my car from detail shop known for their work on Teslas. Did air 80 on windshield. Noticed that autosteer constantly going in and out and can not locate lanes well. After this, I spoke to detail shop. They said they have not heard of this specific situation after tint but have heard of other tech issues. They think it’s related to water vapor and will resolve. Anyone have a similar problem?

So just picked up my car from detail shop known for their work on Teslas. Did air 80 on windshield. Noticed that autosteer constantly going in and out and can not locate lanes well. After this, I spoke to detail shop. They said they have not heard of this specific situation after tint but have heard of other tech issues. They think it’s related to water vapor and will resolve. Anyone have a similar problem?

I have tint on my X windshield, autopilot works just fine. But the shop also dry out the windshield really well before returning back to me, so there were almost no water bubble left.

Reactions: IRDoc
Seems like this is the issue!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 151
Hi All,

Mine looked like that too... I was horrified.
They apply the tint with soapy water. There is really no way to keep it out of there.
I took 2 or 3 sheets of paper from my computer printer
and pulled them one at a time like dental floss under the corners of the
camera pod cover.
It took a minute or two but all of the water droplets are gone.

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: Toreador and IRDoc
Hi All,

Mine looked like that too... I was horrified.
They apply the tint with soapy water. There is really no way to keep it out of there.
I took 2 or 3 sheets of paper from my computer printer
and pulled them one at a time like dental floss under the corners of the
camera pod cover.
It took a minute or two but all of the water droplets are gone.

Shawn
I’m glad I’m not the only one. I did a combo of paper and blow dryer. It’s all evaporated. I’m anxious for tomorrow to make sure autopilot working ok

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA