Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield UV blocking specs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting our windows tinted tomorrow.

They have an option for a clear UV blocking film for the front window that blocks 29% of UV rays. I know the Tesla windshield has some UV blocking. Does anyone know how much it blocks? Is there a further breakdown of UVA and UVB?

Thanks!

Glass, in general, blocks UVB. Believe windshields in the US are made with laminations of glass and plastic. The glass blocks UVB, and the plastic often blocks most (believe 98%) of the UVA. Windows don't have the plastic so they don't block the UVA.

Glass, in general, blocks UVB. Believe windshields in the US are made with laminations of glass and plastic. The glass blocks UVB, and the plastic often blocks most (believe 98%) of the UVA. Windows don't have the plastic so they don't block the UVA.

Thanks for the info. When I dropped the car off this morning they said that the Tesla already has some tinting in the windshield. If I added any of their products I'd go over the legal tinting limit in Texas. So that made the decision easy.

Thanks for the info. When I dropped the car off this morning they said that the Tesla already has some tinting in the windshield. If I added any of their products I'd go over the legal tinting limit in Texas. So that made the decision easy.

Actually you can add Suntek or 3M Crystalline film installed on windshield...search the forums...I have mine installed and it is clear so no tinting issues