Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 model Y . Whenever it rains and it’s warm out and i have the A/C on the windshield fogs up and becomes streaky and i have to constantly use the wipers then it streaks more - is there a certain defroster setting ? I had a service appt and the guy told me to to put the defroster on super hot till it clears but when its 90 degrees out its get hot. I am thinking about buying new wipers to start . I just got the car June 18th

thoughts ?

Reactions: Sjf03
Couple things.

1.) If it's a recently new car, clean the inside of the glass. It takes a months for everything to offgas, and the inside of the glass fogs SUPER easy. I had the same issue with my model 3 and y when they were new.

2.) In rain I normally set HVAC to manual, 73 degrees, fan speed 6, vents up. Clears it in about 15 seconds.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Couple things.

1.) If it's a recently new car, clean the inside of the glass. It takes a months for everything to offgas, and the inside of the glass fogs SUPER easy. I had the same issue with my model 3 and y when they were new.

2.) In rain I normally set HVAC to manual, 73 degrees, fan speed 6, vents up. Clears it in about 15 seconds.
Thank you so much I’ll try that !!

I have a 2021 model Y . Whenever it rains and it’s warm out and i have the A/C on the windshield fogs up and becomes streaky and i have to constantly use the wipers then it streaks more - is there a certain defroster setting ? I had a service appt and the guy told me to to put the defroster on super hot till it clears but when its 90 degrees out its get hot. I am thinking about buying new wipers to start . I just got the car June 18th

thoughts ?
Same issue I have in south Florida.