Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield

Weiss5

Sep 9, 2021
New York
I have a 2021 model Y . Whenever it rains and it’s warm out and i have the A/C on the windshield fogs up and becomes streaky and i have to constantly use the wipers then it streaks more - is there a certain defroster setting ? I had a service appt and the guy told me to to put the defroster on super hot till it clears but when its 90 degrees out its get hot. I am thinking about buying new wipers to start . I just got the car June 18th

thoughts ?

Reactions: Sjf03

Petrlol

Oct 16, 2018
Ohio
Couple things.

1.) If it's a recently new car, clean the inside of the glass. It takes a months for everything to offgas, and the inside of the glass fogs SUPER easy. I had the same issue with my model 3 and y when they were new.

2.) In rain I normally set HVAC to manual, 73 degrees, fan speed 6, vents up. Clears it in about 15 seconds.

Reactions: Watts_Up

Weiss5

Sep 9, 2021
New York
Couple things.

1.) If it's a recently new car, clean the inside of the glass. It takes a months for everything to offgas, and the inside of the glass fogs SUPER easy. I had the same issue with my model 3 and y when they were new.

2.) In rain I normally set HVAC to manual, 73 degrees, fan speed 6, vents up. Clears it in about 15 seconds.
Thank you so much I’ll try that !!

Sjf03

May 12, 2021
Florida
I have a 2021 model Y . Whenever it rains and it’s warm out and i have the A/C on the windshield fogs up and becomes streaky and i have to constantly use the wipers then it streaks more - is there a certain defroster setting ? I had a service appt and the guy told me to to put the defroster on super hot till it clears but when its 90 degrees out its get hot. I am thinking about buying new wipers to start . I just got the car June 18th

thoughts ?
Same issue I have in south Florida.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC