Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wing Mirror Smashed Off- Model 3 Long Range (2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - had my M3 LR for 2 years now and love it. Unfortunately I left it on the road overnight and someone has hit the LHS of the car.

Some scrapes on the wheel arch which a body shop will t-cut out. But the electric motor (and I assume the Wi-Fi receiver) is lunched. Makes an awful noise when trying to fold the mirror and it doesn’t move.

So… I’m thinking I can buy a full LHS door mirror assembly on eBay. But I have no idea of the part number? And when I do is it easy to remove the existing mirror and plug in / fit the new one?

Any ideas? There are scrapes on wheel arch and both LHS doors but I think I’ll get a paint shop to repair that. I know that if I go to Tesla for a wing mirror they’ll bend me over.

Have you asked? I needed a spare part last year and it was a lot cheaper than I expected buying directly from the service centre.

As above...I recently needed a new seat back due to an...incident.

Found a second hand one on ebay for £100 and thought it was a fairly good deal but someone on here suggested I at least give Tesla a chance.

£102 brand new and supplied and fitted by a ranger.

Reactions: NewbieT