Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outdoor Tesla cover for Y - hail protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park my MY outside my garage in Denver. I was planning on building a carport using steel posts set my concrete driveway with a sturdy fabric sail. This would be mostly for hail protection but would also help keep the car cool in the summer. It will be pretty annoying to build and has some drawbacks.

Does anyone have the Tesla outdoor cover? I’m wondering how thick the material is how much protection it might provide from hail. We don’t get *crazy* big hail here, but every spring we have around 5-10 hail storms. We’ve been lucky so far and haven’t had any hail damage on a Rav, Forester, and ‘65 Ford pickup in the past 10 years. Not sure how well Teslas hold up to hail compared to most other vehicles.

Tesla Model Y Cover

We get huge hail and I admit I am now terrified of it. Have had hail damage on several vehicles in past 10 years (also Denver area). This looks a bit crazy, but if it has a chance of withstanding the wind gusts, I'll probably try it. Unless others already have and it won't work?

1651149893740.png

I park my MY outside my garage in Denver. I was planning on building a carport using steel posts set my concrete driveway with a sturdy fabric sail. This would be mostly for hail protection but would also help keep the car cool in the summer. It will be pretty annoying to build and has some drawbacks.

Does anyone have the Tesla outdoor cover? I’m wondering how thick the material is how much protection it might provide from hail. We don’t get *crazy* big hail here, but every spring we have around 5-10 hail storms. We’ve been lucky so far and haven’t had any hail damage on a Rav, Forester, and ‘65 Ford pickup in the past 10 years. Not sure how well Teslas hold up to hail compared to most other vehicles.

Tesla Model Y Cover

Obvious question raised: why outside your garage?