Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tire input - MYP on 9.5” wheels

MrMSS

Jan 13, 2020
Toronto
Would either of these tire options work as a winter set for a ‘21 MYP? I’m undecided if to go for a bit more sidewall for comfort with the 50 series or narrower (245s) for better traction in deeper snow, assuming it’s not stretched on a 9.5” wheel.

Wheel: 19x9.5” +45, hubcentric
Tires 1: 255/50/19 Viking7
Tires 2: 245/45/19 Viking7

TulsaCoker

Mar 23, 2021
Tulsa
I think the total diameter might be too much > 1" for the 255/50/19 . I went with 255-45-19 (close to original diameter) on all four with 19" X 8.5 rims for winter setup

EVO X

Feb 28, 2021
NJ
Worse tire choices your giving everyone, why not get a bag and write down all the WORSE tire manufacturers names and place it in the bag and you can only chose one lol!
Basically what your doing
GO BLIZZAK OR GO HOME CRYING!!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC