Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires 265/35/21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi you all, Small question. Anybody experience with the following. I got the advice that it would be possible to put 245/35/21 winter tires on my rearwheels with original size 265/35/21 for my new Model S. Frontwheels are 245/35/21, so no issue there.

This because winter tires are not (if they are right....) available in this (265/35/21) size.

Anybody some experience with this? Do's and dont's?!?!

Thanks in advance for you information. Kind regards,
Paul

The Netherlands.

Go on tirerack and find 245/45R19 winter tire + wheel package. It’ll be cheaper than just tires in the size you’re talking about. Not sure if tirerack delivers in Netherlands but even if not it’ll give you an idea of what’s available. FYI 245/45R19 is one of the Model S OE sizes and is a much more common size than 265/35R21.

I got a set of Pirelli winter tires in 245/35/21 in August from Tire Rack for $150 each! Clearance steal!
Hi Jeff.
Did these fit the staggered 265/35/21 wheels?
I am also from Chiberia, so you must be as cold as I am now ;)
Looking for winter wheels for my 21" staggered Arachnids wheels.
The OP wondered if a 245 would fit a 265 wheels, I was hoping to find that answer as well.
If so, that would solve the issues for looking for a 265 size winter tire...

Fellow Chiberian tundra dweller here. I recommend picking up a set of used 19" or buying a cheap set of steelies. 21" is a bad size to find secent tires in and 19" has everything. Save the 21" for pure summer treads. If you picked up Arachnids, put summers on the old ones, or if they're 21" sell them and get a base set to use in winter.