Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires - Guelph / KW area

obliojim

Jun 13, 2021
Missauga / Guelph
New M3 owner....

I was going to get the $2,500 18" winter tires with TPMS

...but they are out of stock.

Any thoughts/recommendations in this area? Tire dealers who get Tesla? Also, let me make sure I have this right - TPMS won't work if a non-Tesla tire is used? Does it really matter?

I ski so there will be a lot of trips up to the Collingwood area so i need a really good winter tire setup.

Thoughts welcome. PM's too.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Not quite. The TPMS that Tesla uses are unique in the new Model 3 and Ys. I believe it’s Bluetooth instead of the standard transmitter that most other cars use.

If you swap tires, keeping the sensors, they will work correctly. You just need to make sure the tires you get have the proper load rating as EVs are heavier vehicles.

Malaromane

Jun 25, 2020
Waterloo, Canada
I bought my Nokians from Kal Tire in Waterloo and was very happy with the service I got from them. They didn't even get overly mad at me when I forgot to turn off Sentry Mode and the car started screaming at them right after they hoisted it!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC