Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires -- should I buy the Tesla full tire set? (I'm in VT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's just not a thing, if you want summer tire levels of performance. There are a few tires like the Nokian WR I mentioned earlier which will probably match the dry pavement performance of the stock all season tires but I don't think you'll do better than that - and these "all weather" tires are only so-so snow tires, too.
It is a thing. Tirerack let's you filter on just performance snow tires.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024-173433.png
    Screenshot_20231024-173433.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 47
The Tesla package is hard to beat

I would place the order now (winter tires are hard to find if you wait too long). Have it shipped to Latham. Then call/email Latham service and see if they can change to mobile service.

I ended up using my closest service center which is in Canada, a short 65 miles away. I haven't been in Canada for decades, so this was a nice excuse.

The Canadian border guard seemed to think it was extremely odd that I would drive 65 miles into Canada for tires rather than several 100 to NJ, but he did let me in. The service experience was nice, the servce department noticed I came from VT and put my car on their in house supercharger while they did the service (it may have been only 65 miles, but I flogged it a little because I only thought I set aside enough time, and I ended up getting delayed leaving my house anyway...).

Whatever path in the app is used to charge for service is apparently different from the one that charges for store purchases because they successfully sent the transaction to my card which cleared it. So I have snow ties now!

On reentry to the USA the (US) border guard wanted to know if I had bought anything, and I said new winter tires, which if there is a lot of paperwork involved I'm kind of sorry I admitted, and he said no paperwork no charge. So that was nice.

My summer tires are stacked in the barn where the Bolt use to be parked before it moved on to it's next owner.