Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Can anyone suggest where to get winter tires for Tesla? . Seems like it's out of stock at tesla and any other place I could search..

I have model Y with summer tires.. I live in Chicago and driving on summer times on snow is crazy.. my Nissan Altima do lot better than Tesla

Are your stock tires "all season" with an "M+S" on the sidewall? They work pretty well, especially using the "Off Road Assist" option under "Pedals and Steering" menu, and with Auto Socks along if chains are needed (available on Amazon or at some tire stores). We just took deliver of the Pirelli winter tire/wheel option from Tesla. Bummer is they are out of stock. Couldn't find any wheel/tire options in stock at local tire stores.

Upvote 0
Hi, Can anyone suggest where to get winter tires for Tesla? . Seems like it's out of stock at tesla and any other place I could search..

I have model Y with summer tires.. I live in Chicago and driving on summer times on snow is crazy.. my Nissan Altima do lot better than Tesla
I bought Michelin Pilot Sport all Seasons from Tirerack. You get them installed locally.

These are very good all season tires. I wanted all weather tires (cross climate 2) but they are new and sold out.

A review of them vs X-Ice and summer tires…
https://youtu.be/OjhAURyz_s4

Upvote 0

You have an MYP with summer tires, which means you need to get a set of wheels with winter tires mounted ASAP. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, I'd recommend either getting a cheaper set from places like Tire Rack or Discount Tires, or a more expensive set from somewhere like TSportline. I decided to go with a 19" set before taking delivery of my MYP and was set to order a relatively cheap wheel/tire set from Tire Rack when TSportline had a Labor Day sale and I decided to go with their 19" TST wheels with Michelin X-Ice/Snow tires mounted. I've been happy with how the X-Ice/Snow tires have performed so far in Minnesota winter, including a 3 hour drive through snowy conditions on a highway without issue.

Upvote 0