Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Wiper replacements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found any 3rd party wiper blades for the Model Y?

I noticed the Tesla store only had 3, X and S wipers. I raised a service request which has come back at £56 fitted, or £44 supplied, so just wondering what other options I have?

The Bosch A871S Aerotwin appears to be an inch shorter than OEM, which surely will leave a large part of the windscreen untouched vs the existing ones?

Cheers,

Greg

Hmm from Halfords website! Not as easy as it first seems this!

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 14.15.06.png

Has anyone here successfully used a Bosch alternative for a model Y? Which part number? Bosch website says A622S, so a new option in the mix.

I would use Tesla OEM for simplicity, but they’re currently out of stock.
Was about to go for a pair of A622S last week as I noticed the correct size for both too, but the back of the pack said « Only Fits Models without a spray nozzle fitted to the blade ». Hence potentially excluding Tesla. So i ended up not buying them.

But I don’t know for sure if it wouldn’t work. Was someone braver than me who purchased them and could confirm if they fit?

I bought the Bosch A871S. The smaller nearside wiper is ever so slightly shorter than the original, maybe a centimetre or so off the original wipe pattern but it does the job perfectly well and after a week or so I stopped noticing the difference, especially as the cost of the pair was less than just a single blade from Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: T3SSY
I bought the Bosch A871S. The smaller nearside wiper is ever so slightly shorter than the original, maybe a centimetre or so off the original wipe pattern but it does the job perfectly well and after a week or so I stopped noticing the difference, especially as the cost of the pair was less than just a single blade from Tesla.
Does the wash/wipe work ok?

I bought the Bosch 871S for my Model 3. Positive experience below. They are absolutely like for like for what came off our early UK Midel 3 and I believe what Tesla sell on their website.

I don’t know difference between wiper blades for Model 3 and Model Y, but if the EPC (electronic parts catalog) or Tesla shop offering are same for both Models then that would bring some confidence that the 871S would also fit the Y.

Last time I checked the 871S was not stocked at Halfords, but if they were then they could be checked and immediately returned if they did not fit. It’s literally a few seconds and a bit of a stretch to self fit. No tools required. Dead easy (apart from the stretch on drivers side).

I can absolutely confirm that these Bosch A871S bladed as a direct slot in replacement for the Model 3 RHD, so the point that, after a cursory glance, they are probably those sold by Tesla but as a matched pair, in retail box at nearly half the price - £26.99/pair.

After putting wipers in service mode, 10 seconds to replace the smaller passenger side one and 30 seconds (over 2 attempts) to replace the larger drivers side one which required a bit more care with getting the angle right due to having to stretch.

I have no affiliation with DriveDen but used the link by @SR-Plus and the blades they were with me 2 days later, well packed. Didn't bother to shop around other than to check Halfords who do not sell these yet.

Bosch have always been my goto for wiper blades so good to finally see a direct replacement.

View attachment 900360View attachment 900364
NB. The 'hat' stays attached to the wiper arm.

• Helpful
Reactions: GT_M3 and T3SSY
Has anyone here successfully used a Bosch alternative for a model Y? Which part number? Bosch website says A622S, so a new option in the mix.

why do you want a bosch alternative?
I have these. Seem fine. and about half the price of getting from Tesla

why do you want a bosch alternative?
I have these. Seem fine. and about half the price of getting from Tesla
I dont think you've interpreted it correctly .... Anyways...after just about everyones suggestion for the bosch alternative... purchased the tesla ones..... my brain is still spinning 🤪 🤣

I dont think you've interpreted it correctly .... Anyways...after just about everyones suggestion for the bosch alternative... purchased the tesla ones..... my brain is still spinning 🤪 🤣
I saw one suggestion for a blade that’s an inch shorter on one side. Tesla now have originals in stock and, for the sake of £13 extra, I’d rather have blades that leave no room for argument about being correct. It’s a business expense, so the £13 is more like £6.50 to my pocket.

Last edited: