Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper control = turn off NoA due to poor weather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Battpower

Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2019
Uk
I thought I had noticed this before, but today it was so obvious. I had thought that Tesla would be scanning camera images and using AI to determine image suitability for driving using AP.

I was surprised that putting wipers to a higher (still intermittent wipe) setting seems to be sufficient evidence of bad weather to turn off NoA.

maybe they put together a massive neural net to analyze the data and looked at the influential factors and found the biggest one was...wiper speed.

I've had NoA pause in rainy weather because of reports of the left or right 'fender' camera being dirty or blinded. By the time the message has disappeared NoA has sometimes returned.

maybe they put together a massive neural net to analyze the data and looked at the influential factors and found the biggest one was...wiper speed.

I've had NoA pause in rainy weather because of reports of the left or right 'fender' camera being dirty or blinded. By the time the message has disappeared NoA has sometimes returned.
Yes, and in real heavy spray I have had other messages suggesting AP can't cope and is giving up for the rest of the journey. Sometimes comes back. Sometimes not.